+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Doncaster

Doncaster

Donny up next!
    First target: will we actually score? Tactically, it should be pointed out that we need to get close to their goal in order to achieve that target. It has to be explained that we cannot achieve this tactic by always turning and passing backwards. If we can get past these little provisos then I am confident that there is a possibility that we might score.... someday.

Okay, I've got that off my chest! Will there be any changes for this game? In another post, I've agreed with others that Dale and Ainley might start. Powell seems to need a rest and Finney only appears in a game for about 2 minutes. What about Zanzala? Well, all i've seen of him are a few cameos where he runs around for a few minutes without receiving the ball, so it's difficult to assess his ability. I'm not even sure what DA had in mind when signing him, Is he a winger, a striker or a number 10 or what? Perhaps he needs a game so we can find out!
    Porter came on briefly against Sunderland, though I don't know why! (see my Sunderland comments). Maybe we could go 4-2-4 with him and Mandron up top. If we did anything like that though, the players should be warned NOT to ever attempt a cross from further than 25 yards of the dead ball line. That way the strikers could actually be facing the goal as well as the general direction of the incoming ball.

So anyway, the result? As we are playing away and seem to be knackered already I'm going for a 2-0 loss.

Agree 100%. My initial reaction was that 0-1 against Sunderland was not a bad result. However, we played as if we were aiming for that outcome. Passing towards the goal will definitely help us aim for our first away goal. That said, I predict with a heavy heart 0-2 against Doncaster.

At the moment it looks like Ainley and Dale should be in the team. Ainley for the reason that he combines well with Pickering, Wintle, and Kirk, and his little tricks confuse opponents. Dale mostly because Powell at the moment seems to be our of sorts. An extra point about Dale and Powell, they only function at their best when Ng is operating as a wingback. He has not beem doing that lately.

I believe it is time for our management to forget what masisive clubs we are facing and concentrate instead on playing to our strengths. Let our opponents worry about how they are going to stop us playing our neat football instead of chopping and changing our team based on the opponents we are facing. It is such a negative attitude.

Hope that our bench for Saturday is a lot better balanced than the last 2 games, with at least 1 CB and 2 defensive players.