+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup

FA Cup

4th qualifying round this weekend. So who are we looking to get in the draw afterwards. Does it matter as we're not going to be able to be there. Ordinarily, I'd be hoping for Stockport but at the moment there's no point.

I don't seem to be in a good mood today, do I?

FYI: it's Ilkeston vs Hartlepool live on BBC Red Button, I-Player and BBC Sport on Saturday. Unfortunately, it's on at 3.00 so clashes with Donny. I'll have it on on my phone whilst watching I-Follow.

Stockport at home would be an excellent draw, though Chester, FC United or Wrexham would also be good except that the ground will be empty. The sooner this clusterf*** of a Government starts allowing controlled attendance at football matches the better. They are too busy handing out PPE and track and trace contracts to party donors. My wife has now ordered me to get down off my soapbox.

Howabout Marine?

Yes, I remember beating them 4-0 (?) in the second round many years ago after we’d been to Elwood Park and walloped Accrington 6-1 in the first. Happy cup days.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Stockport at home would be an excellent draw, though Chester, FC United or Wrexham would also be good except that the ground will be empty. The sooner this clusterf*** of a Government starts allowing controlled attendance at football matches the better. They are too busy handing out PPE and track and trace contracts to party donors. My wife has now ordered me to get down off my soapbox.
    Only FC left of those.
    Seriously though, as we are not allowed to attend, would people prefer an "easy" home game against a smaller club and earn some money from the comp or away at a "bigger" and lose, so giving the players a rest in the coming weeks?

Easy at home, every time! Oh, and I DO know it’s Ewood Park, I just wish autocorrect did too!

Away Bolton (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Away Bolton (again).
    What a (mess or alternate word here) up that draw was - no fault of Grant Holt's but the woman host ....... He clearly said and showed No 15 and she announces Skem are going to Bolton (No 50) causing excitement for them (and their player representing them as lowest ranked team at Chorley) till she corrects herself - and not her only mistake.

If we beat Bolton for the third time this Autumn, do we get to take them home & keep them?

Well 3 games without scoring. Ng flagging. Mandron off the boil. Powell continuing to struggle. Time for changes? Will Zanzala, Daniels and Porter get a go. Maybe some changes are needed but not too many.
    Am worried that we have no real plan B or a second gear to face up to Bolton.

Zanzala & Porter yes - Daniels I assume isn't fit yet - not on bench for last 2 games. I guess Murphy will be back for this, and Trigger in goal perhaps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast