+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Posting new topics

Posting new topics

I have just glanced at the topic list.
    Prior to this topic, I had started 8 out of the previous 10 topics. Now come on!
    I know I've got a bit more time than many of you. I may even be a little sadder than most.
    However, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who could be posting stuff.
    Let's see some real football issues. Nobody passed a comment about Man U & Liverpool's recent 'ideas', for example.

........I'm waiting.........

Sorry, but you’ll still be waiting, days, weeks, months from now. It’s a joke comparing views to replies. That’s why I no longer post...oops!

Well I did start a post (maybe I was one of the other 2!) but nobody was interested enough to reply - I guess that either it was boring or nobody wanted to help celebrate the youth of our team.

Must try harder, I guess.

I admit that I thought the proposals to reform the Premier League were definitely a step or two in the right direction. No problem with Rick Parry endorsing them. Also, is it just me who sees Greg Clarke sounding off on behalf of the FA and thinks he is so useless that he should be in Boris Johnson's cabinet with all the other numpties?

I also think that the proposals for improving coordination and control over professional football endorsed by Gary Neville and company are a good opening gambit. The problem is that, when you try to start a sensible debate in this country, the response is usually hostile and abusive rather than actually offering alternatives or a sensible critique of the points raised.

As for starting new posts, I must admit that I have not thought of doing so. Since my retirement, I have tended to adopt a reactive rather than proactive approach to life! Will need to up my game!

I see Furber has moved his soapbox to this thread! I agree that there are some good things in the Liverpool/Manure proposals, but then after the PL led reorganisation of youth football and Academies into the EPP that has cost academies like ours a lot of money and no control over our own very young players, it’s hard to say they don’t owe us. And isn’t it refreshing to see the prize eejut Dyche proselytising from the PL - bet he changes his tune after Burnley get relegated next year.

My soapbox period is now over for the day as Corrie has just come in......

To be fair, Facebook is the medium in this modern age

Facebook is very good for someone positing an idea and getting brief suggestions or comments. It’s not really the best medium for having more detailed exposition and reasoned argument - the reply boxes are too narrow and to follow a longer series of comments and debate becomes much more difficult. I guess that’s why it - and twitter - are becoming more popular; people don’t like a more in depth debate. This site is so much better now than when certain contributors would write their 140 thoughtless characters and leave

I know I’m getting old, but I like argument without The sort of childish abuse which is prevalent on Facebook.

Hear! Hear! (Is it not called 'Twitbook', then )