+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aston Villa - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    I was thinking about Fat Frank. He'll be f... ING terrified after seeing that with the money they've spent.
    Man U vs Chelsea later on.

Hate both but on this occasion I hope scum smash em!

Just a few thoughts on last night's match.
    1. Struijk was poor. Feel bad because he was not playing in his preferred position.
    2. Rodrigo's shot was on target and would have gone in but for goalie intervention and was pushed out to the gleeful Barndoor Bamford.
    3. I think that Pablo Hernandez will not start too many premier league matches. Age has finally caught up. He really should have done better with his chance. I think he should have scored.
    4. Love the way Alioski only takes 2 touches at most before releasing the ball. I feel he actually counts. Thought he played well.
    5. Dallas is a better right back than he is a left back. Not sure what to do about this.
    6. Here in the States, commentators didn't know much about Shackleton.
    7. I was brought up in the time of George Best, Peter Lorimer, Kevin Keegan. I like right footed players to play on the right side. Costa, a left footed player, very often takes the extra touch to put it on his left foot and makes a pass into the box rather than cross it with his right.
    8. Last word on Barndoor. Can't remember the last time he scored from outside the box. Can anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Just a few thoughts on last night's match.
    1. Struijk was poor. Feel bad because he was not playing in his preferred position.
    2. Rodrigo's shot was on target and would have gone in but for goalie intervention and was pushed out to the gleeful Barndoor Bamford.
    3. I think that Pablo Hernandez will not start too many premier league matches. Age has finally caught up. He really should have done better with his chance. I think he should have scored.
    4. Love the way Alioski only takes 2 touches at most before releasing the ball. I feel he actually counts. Thought he played well.
    5. Dallas is a better right back than he is a left back. Not sure what to do about this.
    6. Here in the States, commentators didn't know much about Shackleton.
    7. I was brought up in the time of George Best, Peter Lorimer, Kevin Keegan. I like right footed players to play on the right side. Costa, a left footed player, very often takes the extra touch to put it on his left foot and makes a pass into the box rather than cross it with his right.
    8. Last word on Barndoor. Can't remember the last time he scored from outside the box. Can anyone?
    Take number 1 back. Just made a couple of bad tackles, and then became a little scared of going in for the tackle.

Easier to teach discipline on tackles than to get a timid player to throw his body on the line. He will be a good one

Some serious sour grapes on the Villa board and it would appear that all of their fans are angels!

Muppets!

Gave 'em a bit too much respect for the first 10, then once we realised we could take 'em, and that Cash was real weak link, all was set for a real performance. Blown away by everybody (and agree, Dallas is sooooooo good played where he was yesterday), but clearly MoM was Bamford, the second came from nowhere and with almost no backlift, (where has he been hiding that?), and the third defies description, goal-of-the-season candidate surely.

Must have been a very happy dressing room and what a base for the game against Leicester?

(And delighted to have been proved wrong in the prediction league!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Some serious sour grapes on the Villa board and it would appear that all of their fans are angels!

Muppets!
    Quelle surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Quelle surprise!
    Ahh feck em!

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    In all the euphoria we should spare a thought for Pat Struijk. Bielsa was spot on on taking him off but I really felt for him. The camera dwelled a bit too long on a young player having a tough time. I think he's quality and hope it doesn't dent his confidence. He's in good company as its happened to Pablo and Rodrigo.
    It wasn't the card that worried MB it was the 2 tackles straight after with a couple of minutes, I set there saying wtf you doing.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Neither villa or Leeds will win the league or finish top 6-8 But we accept the football lesson last night. You battered us and it could have been 6 or 7.
    We will accept it, your passing game was brilliant, im not going to have a go at my Team, they are still at the right end of the table.
    Good luck for the rest of the season.
    UTV
    Really which teams are playing better and which teams are unbeatable FFS I'm starting to have faith lol.
    Last night here my Australian rules team won our third championship in the last 4 years. In 2016 we finished last the following year we won it after 37 years. 2018 we were one win away from another championship but the week of the game team got gastro than our next 2 we are back as champions.
    So never say never or cant. You lost badly to us so what you were really good before that and who is to say you can't repeat. Like you after the wolves game, I lost faith, and look at what happened. I won't say we can win it but neither not.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)