+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 update: FA Cup withdrawal

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    You would hope that part of the deal for the funding all National Leagues are receiving would be on the condition that the clubs arrange Covid testing for all the squad & staff.
    Even though I don't doubt it's the correct decision, this is still really disappointing.

This is the stage of the FA Cup when it really matters to the teams involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    You would hope that part of the deal for the funding all National Leagues are receiving would be on the condition that the clubs arrange Covid testing for all the squad & staff.
    Keep hoping …

Whilst from a football only perspective it’s a shame to have to withdraw from the cup the first priority of any responsible club has to be the health and welfare of the all the players and staff.

So it is 100% the right thing to do. With no midweek game next week or the week after it now gives a good amount of time for all players affected to hopefully make a good recovery.

The club have undertaken regular testing even though it’s not mandatory, and these cases may not have been brought to light otherwise, and thus could have spread to other clubs we play.

It’s very good and shows a level of class that we have owners who are very moral and noble in the way they run the club and have adopted a health before wealth policy through this pandemic.

Hope they get all the help they need. I’m just starting to recover from Covid after a terrible 2 weeks. It’s not a very pleasant experience, and I feel it’ll be a fair few weeks before I’m back to normal, so could be a month or so until those at the club affected are back to somewhere near ready to play.

Sad to hear but the right call, hope the players recover.

Lots of clubs already have a mounting backlog of fixtures before we even hit the peak time for ordinary winter weather postponements. And obviously that's exasperated by the late start to the season. I'll be stunned if anyone gets the full 44 matches in this season.
    Last edited by LilCrazyKim; 22-10-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    Hope they get all the help they need. I’m just starting to recover from Covid after a terrible 2 weeks. It’s not a very pleasant experience, and I feel it’ll be a fair few weeks before I’m back to normal, so could be a month or so until those at the club affected are back to somewhere near ready to play.
    Jesus I hope your ok man

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Jesus I hope your ok man
    Thanks Irish. I’ve turned the corner and am getting better each day now.

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    Wishing you a full and strong recovery

Well, I suppose it’s saved us from being thrashed 1-0 by Kings Lynn and a dozen new Ardley Out threads.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast