+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 update: FA Cup withdrawal

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    This news sucks, but it felt inevitable once we got the four positive tests last Friday.

Really bad luck with the timing, and now we're going to be playing catch-up with the next two league games off.

Hopefully we'll be able to reschedule at least one of the games in November as it looks like we have free midweeks on Nov. 17/24 (I assume we'll have to keep one free in case of an FA Trophy replay - though if ever there was a season to go out at the first round stage, it's this one).
    The FA Trophy ties should be just finished on the day to avoid further fixture congestion.

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    Hope they get all the help they need. I’m just starting to recover from Covid after a terrible 2 weeks. It’s not a very pleasant experience, and I feel it’ll be a fair few weeks before I’m back to normal, so could be a month or so until those at the club affected are back to somewhere near ready to play.
    Get well soon kings.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    Well, I suppose it’s saved us from being thrashed 1-0 by Kings Lynn and a dozen new Ardley Out threads.
    Silver lining and all that

Neal Ardley interview about the decision to withdraw etc.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/ardley-on-fa-cup-withdrawal-231020/

This is insane.

"West Ham fans can watch their team play Man City in a cinema just 500 METRES (a 12-minute walk!) from the London Stadium on Saturday in a move branded 'utter nonsense' by the Football Foundation as crowds continue to be locked out"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mile-away.html

Whatever we think about Ardley as a manager, he's a decent, caring and intelligent person. The Notts players are in good hands with our current manager, CEo and owners.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Neal Ardley interview about the decision to withdraw etc.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/ardley-on-fa-cup-withdrawal-231020/
    This is a fascinating interview. Two things stood out for me:

1. NA says he’s 90% sure Notts’ Patient Zero got COVID during a game (presumably either Altrincham or Barnet, based on how he talked). Other teams choosing not to test are being willfully ignorant, in his eyes.

2. One of the Notts players who tested positive lost his nan to COVID in March, so that’s a horrible double-whammy. Sounds like a few of the players have it worse than others. Personally, knowing hitherto fit people who have had COVID and are still suffering six months later with long COVID, I won’t be surprised to hear about similar cases affecting footballers as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    Whatever we think about Ardley as a manager, he's a decent, caring and intelligent person. The Notts players are in good hands with our current manager, CEo and owners.
    Hear, Hear.

Bar DavyFacts obviously, I hope everybody else is in agreement with ivansneck statement and sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by kings1 View Post
    Hope they get all the help they need. I’m just starting to recover from Covid after a terrible 2 weeks. It’s not a very pleasant experience, and I feel it’ll be a fair few weeks before I’m back to normal, so could be a month or so until those at the club affected are back to somewhere near ready to play.
    Can I be cheeky and asked your age Kings 1...Hope you get fighting fit very soon mate...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast