+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 update: FA Cup withdrawal

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    This is a fascinating interview. Two things stood out for me:

1. NA says he’s 90% sure Notts’ Patient Zero got COVID during a game (presumably either Altrincham or Barnet, based on how he talked). Other teams choosing not to test are being willfully ignorant, in his eyes.

2. One of the Notts players who tested positive lost his nan to COVID in March, so that’s a horrible double-whammy. Sounds like a few of the players have it worse than others. Personally, knowing hitherto fit people who have had COVID and are still suffering six months later with long COVID, I won’t be surprised to hear about similar cases affecting footballers as the season progresses.

Yep, its a real worry. I have a friend in their early 40's that has suffered massively with long COVID who was otherwise a fighting fit runner with a very active lifestyle. As you say nw6 it would not be surprising to hear of footballers never quite being the same fitness wise having caught the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Can I be cheeky and asked your age Kings 1...Hope you get fighting fit very soon mate...
    Hey Wedgie. No probs, I’m 44.

As well as the escalating statistics I've just seen https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54648684 and it is quite scary. I can't see how we, as a species, are going to be free of it, let alone a football club. It seems full testing needs to be made mandatory, at the ground, prior to kick off to be fully certain, and that would require an instant result scenario. Notts are doing the right thing and for those that think they can get away with it they will find it will come back to haunt them, and if any one club gets a reputation as being a spreader that will create some interesting dialogue.

Stop The World - I Want To Get Off (who said that). Horrible times and we are not even at the end of the beginning imo. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    As well as the escalating statistics I've just seen https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54648684 and it is quite scary. I can't see how we, as a species, are going to be free of it, let alone a football club. It seems full testing needs to be made mandatory, at the ground, prior to kick off to be fully certain, and that would require an instant result scenario. Notts are doing the right thing and for those that think they can get away with it they will find it will come back to haunt them, and if any one club gets a reputation as being a spreader that will create some interesting dialogue.

Stop The World - I Want To Get Off (who said that). Horrible times and we are not even at the end of the beginning imo. Stay safe.
    Ardley mentioned that the club are being very diligent in taking precautions to prevent the spread, or words to that effect, which I don't doubt and also suspect Notts are taking greater care than others, yet the virus continues to spread. There appears to be similar scenarios in the education system, where, despite all of the rules for social distancing, classes or whole schools are being sent home.

I've willingly had flu jabs in the past, my children were vaccinated against MMR amid the Andrew Wakefield scandal, but from what I know about vaccines in relation to a Coronavirus, I'll be making sure my kids and I are at the very back of that queue.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    This is insane.

"West Ham fans can watch their team play Man City in a cinema just 500 METRES (a 12-minute walk!) from the London Stadium on Saturday in a move branded 'utter nonsense' by the Football Foundation as crowds continue to be locked out"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mile-away.html
    I knew Mail readers are mostly a bit doddery, but 12 minutes for 500 m! I’m on my pension and would expect to take no more than 8 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    I knew Mail readers are mostly a bit doddery, but 12 minutes for 500 m! I’m on my pension and would expect to take no more than 8 minutes.
    6 minutes at average walking speed apparently.

It makes no sense though that you can meet up with up to 6 people outdoors but not indoors, yet that logic is completely reversed with this West Ham case.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Bar DavyFacts obviously, I hope everybody else is in agreement with ivansneck statement and sentiment.
    Who cares if Ardley is a decent caring individual. His job is a a football manager
    Shame that Notts did,nt have this attitude last week,they should have cancelled the Maidenhead match, so Ardley,s reason for the Maidenhead game, that he wanted to play in the FA Cup went up in smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Who cares if Ardley is a decent caring individual. His job is a a football manager
    Shame that Notts did,nt have this attitude last week,they should have cancelled the Maidenhead match, so Ardley,s reason for the Maidenhead game, that he wanted to play in the FA Cup went up in smoke
    Better to try and fail than not try at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Hindsight is wonderful.

Notts would have had circa £25k in the bank from streaming subs, at the time we had enough players who were not positive for the virus to fulfill a league fixture and no idea where the next influx of cash would come from, the club weren’t going to turn their backs on that. The decision in my view was more of a commercial one than a footballing one. Maidenhead would have been contacted and no doubt jumped at the chance to still play the game knowing Notts would be missing so many key players.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast