+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colins Red Card rescinded.

Colins Red Card rescinded.

Stoke City defender Nathan Collins has had the red card he was given in the 2-2 draw with Barnsley rescinded.

Collins was sent off after an hour for an off-the-ball tussle with Barnsley's Dominik Frieser.

The incident was missed by the referee, but his assistant felt Collins was guilty of violent conduct.

The club successfully appealed against the decision to the Football Association on Wednesday and Collins' three-match ban has been overturned.

"Having watched it back the assistant should never have been making that decision," Potters manager Michael O'Neill told BBC Radio Stoke.

"It's not a situation where someone would elbow someone in the face in all honesty, and Nathan's not that kind of a lad. He's devastated in there and it's a really, really poor decision."

And what would be the outcome if it were Mads that had been sent off?

I haven't seen any of the footage of the incident that was presented to the FA.

If Frieser has "simulated" the incident with Collins and gone down wiart being touched that could be why the FA rescinded the card.

We can't take the moral high ground in future if Frieser has conned the officials.

It certainly affected the game.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-10-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Apparently there was contact but was deemed accidental.
    Their analysts had some exonerating footage by all accounts.

By God! Things move at speed in the disciplinary world (when it’s not us) .

The Card disciplinary panel act quickly because games come thick and fast.

If one of our players cheated in trying to fool the officials to get a player sent off the Stoke player should not suffer because of it.

We are quick enough to complain if it is the other way round.

Just for balance.

I've still not actually seen what happened - it wasn't on I-follow or Sky red button

Quote Originally Posted by french_frog01 View Post
    I've still not actually seen what happened - it wasn't on I-follow or Sky red button
    None of the fans who are complaining abart it ev either Frogs. It wasn't on iFollow or Sky.

Stoke did their own recording for analysis/tactics purposes and have shown this, which apparentlly shows the "incident", to the FA.
    The FA immediately rescinded the red card so it meks thi wonder what it shows.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 23-10-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Name:  97E9DE21-6A76-442A-A998-2EF7087396F9.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  11.6 KB

Mikel is the one who should have walked in fact I thought he had been red carded.
    If he had been a Barnsley player he would have and we would still be waiting until next week for the appeal decision.

Reacting, as captain, with passion in the heat of the moment to the blatant injustice of Collins going off. That's how the ref saw Mikel's protest and took no action. Proved to be an injustice later by the FA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast