+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Firth

John Firth

For the longer serving members of this forum who will remember John Firth a Hull City supporter.

Sadly I learned today that John has passed away. He was 63.

John lived in Baton Rouge for many years until a massive flood destroyed his home and business. He cam back to Yorkshire to Hull, his home town and like any good supporter enjoyed seeing his team live after so many years away.

Regardless of football loyalties it is always sad when football loses one of its own.

RIP John

Aww no Wortley that's awful news.
    I've posted on here a long time now and I remember John from when he lived in the States. Not so much on the Hull board, more when he joined in with us on here.

Always remember him being a decent fella, sad news and far to young at 63.

RIP didn't know the gent but by your accounts was a good man.
    By the number of comments, I presume not many knew him?

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    RIP didn't know the gent but by your accounts was a good man.
    By the number of comments, I presume not many knew him?
    There is quite a few who did know him who don't come on here that often now. And as I am friends with many of them on facebook I tagged them on there.

He was a very good cyber friend and as you may guess he and I had many "entertaining" conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by wortleygirl View Post
    There is quite a few who did know him who don't come on here that often now. And as I am friends with many of them on facebook I tagged them on there.
    He was a very good cyber friend and as you may guess he and I had many "entertaining" conversations.
    I think he became friends with a few of our fans as well Wortley, and they also don't post anymore sadly. I wonder if they've heard the sad news.

Sad news, RIP Mr Firth..

Quote Originally Posted by wortleygirl View Post

One of the fairer non Leeds supporters to post on here. Sad news indeed.

Sad news. RIP John and my thoughts are with his family.

Very sad. Terrible.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)