+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Fermers away

The performances are dire and the amount of chances we gave St J through poor first touch from what I saw on the highlights was unforgivable; from professional footballers. I don’t buy this we are only just a championship side. Peterhead and Kelly are leagues apart from us, yet one beats us the other restricts us to one goal! We should be easily be able to compete with lower echelons of this league.

The defence was not solid, they just hadn’t got there sights zeroed. Connolly love him or hate him too much concentration on wrestling the opponent. 442 as suggested above and for me

Seigrist
    Smith Edwards(Butcher) Reynolds Robson
    Bolton Fuchs Harkes ( needs a kick) Sporle
    McNulty Shankland

Deniz
    McMullan (Bolton)
    Charmers (Sporle)
    Appeared (McNulty)
    Clark (Shankland)

As Luggy says in the video there is no substitute for positive play!

I think its one goal in 4 games(Kelty) and two wins in our last 10.In saying that two draws against teams who normally finish top 6 is better than expected.
    The Accies against the same two teams conceded 9,scored 4 and got no points.

Not overly concerned. Yeah, disappointing that we couldnt build on the flashes of good interplay from the first 10 minutes or so. At the same time, they had an extra man in middle of midfield and as such were always likely to wrestle more possession. They did nothing with it. Hopeful shots from distance that were no good. Similar to us. Two headers from corners is concerning we let that happen. I dont think Benji had a difficult save to make. The late header was good reactions but at the same time would be disappointed if he didnt save it. They created almost zero in terms of clear cut chances from open play, same as us, and that is a marker of where the two teams are. Not likely to challenge the top of the league. Not pretty, not free flowing but is where we were always likely to be.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    The performances are dire and the amount of chances we gave St J through poor first touch from what I saw on the highlights was unforgivable; from professional footballers. I don’t buy this we are only just a championship side. Peterhead and Kelly are leagues apart from us, yet one beats us the other restricts us to one goal! We should be easily be able to compete with lower echelons of this league.

The defence was not solid, they just hadn’t got there sights zeroed. Connolly love him or hate him too much concentration on wrestling the opponent. 442 as suggested above and for me

Seigrist
    Smith Edwards(Butcher) Reynolds Robson
    Bolton Fuchs Harkes ( needs a kick) Sporle
    McNulty Shankland

Deniz
    McMullan (Bolton)
    Charmers (Sporle)
    Appeared (McNulty)
    Clark (Shankland)

As Luggy says in the video there is no substitute for positive play!
    I would be happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I would be happy with that
    Even with the typos! Auto correct!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    lacking creativity and send Glass and Mochrie oot on loan. Smert.
    No really there no any improvement on what we have in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    We started off OK yesterday, but from about 20 mins in we slowly started drifting out of it to the point where we offered absolutely no meaningful threat up front whatsoever. Which for a team with Shankland and now McNulty up top borderlines on the incredible. Once again, the problem lies in the middle of the park. Harkes and Powers progressively got worse and worse as the game went on and the amount of times cheap possession was given up in the middle of the park was scandalous. It was summed up with a few mins to go when we hade a break out of defence down our right hand side and Smith (?) was sprinting clear in acres of space but this time Bolton failed to pick him out, despite having time and space, with what should have been an incredibly straightforward pass yet somehow contrived to allow it to be blocked and possession given up. From that St Johnstone once again broke upfield and subsequently won the corner from which Davidson nearly scored with the header.

There is so much pressure on Fuchs to come in and deliver and I wonder if he has the slightest idea what we’re all expecting of him but the middle of the park needs sorted out pronto.

I blame the crap system and formation not the midfield

They haven't all become terrible players

Get back to a 442 or even at 4231 with balance

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

Agree with that but we better start showing a bit more creativity in our next 4 league games which we should be looking at winning, after that we have some difficult festive fixtures. Shanks also needs a couple of goals in his next 2 games or he may lose his place in the Scotland squad fir the upcoming Serbia game. So we better start creating some chances for our strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    No really there no any improvement on what we have in my humble opinion.
    Least they're not defence minded and pass back and side ways the whole 90 mins

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post

It's a bit of both IMO.

Creativity and width is a problem but we don't have players good enough at this level to cover these options.

MM doesn't seem to rate Mcmullan and because of the system he is using to stop teams scoring against us he is also stifling the forward play of Robson and Bolton.

I'm not blaming MM as it was blatantly obvious that we had to shut up shop at the back but the set up been to the detriment of our attacking options and is clearly frustrating the hell out of Shankland. Hopefully Fuchs will give us that bit more impetus to get forward and get the best out of our forwards.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)