+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Fermers away

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    TA mentioned at last weeks meeting with Fans United that United had budgeted for having some fans back by now.
    As that doesn’t look likely until next year I’d guess any funds available will be needed to keep the club going.
    If so then I suppose bringing new players in at the next window will be unlikely.
    Unless the Ogden’s are prepared to put more in.
    Wow, really? Businesses should be planning for worst case scenario right now. Anything else is a bonus. Explains the poor transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    TA mentioned at last weeks meeting with Fans United that United had budgeted for having some fans back by now.
    As that doesn’t look likely until next year I’d guess any funds available will be needed to keep the club going.
    If so then I suppose bringing new players in at the next window will be unlikely.
    Unless the Ogden’s are prepared to put more in.
    It probably is unlikely we'll see new players in but it's possible. If we do end up losing LS it will be for a decent fee. I also have a hunch that we will accept a fee for at least one other first team squad player. If we can also ship out a few more players who won't feature under MM it could create a situation where a small part of the income could go towards a new player in. The hard part is finding clubs for the unwanted players, not easy in the pandemic.

I've been saying for a long time now that our squad is too big on quantity and not good enough on quality.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    It probably is unlikely we'll see new players in but it's possible. If we do end up losing LS it will be for a decent fee. I also have a hunch that we will accept a fee for at least one other first team squad player. If we can also ship out a few more players who won't feature under MM it could create a situation where a small part of the income could go towards a new player in. The hard part is finding clubs for the unwanted players, not easy in the pandemic.

I've been saying for a long time now that our squad is too big on quantity and not good enough on quality.
    Think we only have two players worth anything in the team tbh - Siegrist & Shankland. However the way were starving Shankland of service right now, I'd be surprised if he went anywhere in the next window and certainly not for the figure that we were being quoted during the summer. Siegrist is putting on some superb displays at the moment though.
    A couple of the younger guys have potential sell on value but I'd be surprised if anyone came in before the seasons out.

I think we must keep Benji and Shanks to make sure we are safe this season.

The priority has to be getting to 10th or above safely - don’t want to be sweating over it or in play offs.

Strangely we might be able to sell harkes. He actually looks a good player without doing anything effective very often !!

I don’t expect lots of signings. We have enough for this season. No need for panic buys in a January where decent signings aren’t usually available.

More important to retain what we have and then build again next season still in the premiership

Hopefully McNulty is a good signing and can add some goals with shanks to get us up league.

It sounds boring but don’t think splashing cash on players in January sensible. Need long term thinking

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think we must keep Benji and Shanks to make sure we are safe this season.

The priority has to be getting to 10th or above safely - don’t want to be sweating over it or in play offs.

Strangely we might be able to sell harkes. He actually looks a good player without doing anything effective very often !!

I don’t expect lots of signings. We have enough for this season. No need for panic buys in a January where decent signings aren’t usually available.

More important to retain what we have and then build again next season still in the premiership

Hopefully McNulty is a good signing and can add some goals with shanks to get us up league.

It sounds boring but don’t think splashing cash on players in January sensible. Need long term thinking
    We need to use every window available to improve the team and I expect we will do exactly that in Jan. I wasn't saying we would splash cash. When I said a small part of tranfer income could go towards a signing I was really meaning wages. But it might hinge on getting players out the door. Benji and Shanks are the obvious ones who will attract fees and I agree we need to try and keep them until the summer. My hunch is that one of our younger players might be sold and a more experienced player coming in on a free.
    If any scouts have been watching us they won't be handing cash out for Ian Harkes at the moment, they'll want to wait and see if he improves with better players around him. Personally I'm dubious on that.
    It'll be an interesting window and it's not far off either.

Deniz is a more than capable replacement and when it comes to keepers if you get a decent offer, then you sell. Generally, keepers are far easier to replace. If we get offered decent wedge for Benji in Jan then he’s away, no question. And I would fully support that. Far rather that than lose the one player we’ve got who can actually score a bloody goal.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Deniz is a more than capable replacement and when it comes to keepers if you get a decent offer, then you sell. Generally, keepers are far easier to replace. If we get offered decent wedge for Benji in Jan then he’s away, no question. And I would fully support that. Far rather that than lose the one player we’ve got who can actually score a bloody goal.
    Yip, I think he'll be the first to go. He's the only player in this current team who is showing his true quality. Seems to be getting better every week.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)