+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T:- Marcus Rashford

"A study by Landman Economics found that child poverty in working families will hit 3.1 million in the 2018-19 tax year up almost 50 per cent from 2.1 million when the coalition government came to power."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8337056.html

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think the feckless father living at 10 Downing Street has shot himself in the foot on this issue!
    Perhaps he ought to have shot himself in the Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    You mean taking on Max Headroom - Jesus Christ, there's a fine example of a tailor's dummy Sidney.
    Whatever you think of his appearance, Steer Calmer has made mincemeat of Johnson week in week out and if you disagree with me on that you are not as bright as I thought you were. It would be like me telling you that Annaliese Dodds was superior to Risky Sunhat. I'd love to have that guy in Labour's ranks. He is the most effective Parliamentarian by some way. Whether the Tories are prepared to elect 'a proud Hindu' as Johnson's successor, we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Whatever you think of his appearance, Steer Calmer has made mincemeat of Johnson week in week out and if you disagree with me on that you are not as bright as I thought you were. It would be like me telling you that Annaliese Dodds was superior to Risky Sunhat. I'd love to have that guy in Labour's ranks. He is the most effective Parliamentarian by some way. Whether the Tories are prepared to elect 'a proud Hindu' as Johnson's successor, we shall see.
    Do you think there is any chance that Johnson will answer one of Starmer's questions Sid? I haven't heard it yet.

As you say, he has made mincemeat of him. And I still think he is going easy on him. Shame about Dodds and Rayner though.

Childrens Book club now - His agent obviously trying to get him a Knighthood!! - Don’t know why but makes me cringe!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Childrens Book club now - His agent obviously trying to get him a Knighthood!! - Don’t know why but makes me cringe!
    I'd say getting children into reading is one of the best things you can do for them. Not only for the pleasure of escapism that comes with a good book, but if they are able to absorb large amounts of information from a book, and express themselves correctly in writing, it will improve their education and career prospects dramatically.

Add to that the fact that Rashford is one of the (seemingly few at this point) people who wants to help all youngsters in need regardless of ethnicity, wants to take concrete action instead of arguing about t-shirts, wants to create unity instead of division, and I'd say he's well worth any honours he gets.

More Marcus Rashfords and fewer Lewis Hamiltons please.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I'd say getting children into reading is one of the best things you can do for them. Not only for the pleasure of escapism that comes with a good book, but if they are able to absorb large amounts of information from a book, and express themselves correctly in writing, it will improve their education and career prospects dramatically.

Add to that the fact that Rashford is one of the (seemingly few at this point) people who wants to help all youngsters in need regardless of ethnicity, wants to take concrete action instead of arguing about t-shirts, wants to create unity instead of division, and I'd say he's well worth any honours he gets.

Sadly at least one tabloid has now turned on Rashford in highlighting his property investments. Apparently he's a hypocrite unless he gives everything he has away to the point that he's in the same position as the people he's trying to help.

We don't expect rock or rap stars to be role models, not sure why that pressure is put upon footballers but when somebody like Marcus Rashford comes along it's well worth celebrating and promoting the good they are trying to do in the world. I'm sure he isn't perfect but I think he his genuine. Good luck to the man.

He is being groomed to be the next David Beckham

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    He is being groomed to be the next David Beckham
    Maybe, but Beckham as a young lad was famous for getting sent off and for wearing a sarong. Rashford's doing pretty well by comparison!

Maybe, but Beckham as a young lad was famous for getting sent off and for wearing a sarong. Rashford's doing pretty well by comparison!
    Also a pretty useful footballer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123