+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Marcus Rashford

O/T:- Marcus Rashford

Fair play to the 22 year old.

After the government voted down meals for the poorest kids over the holidays he has cafes and restaurants offering childrens lunches to those in need on his twitter timeline.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-10-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Yep, it really is good to see someone in his position working so hard for kids in low income families and getting local communities and businesses involved. Well done Marcus.

... does anyone know where the feckless fathers are of these children ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... does anyone know where the feckless fathers are of these children ?
    You can see one of them weekly at PMQ trying to take on the leader of the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Yes, and these are just the ones we know about. I could almost accept the cronyism if these companies then did a great job, but it’s just clueless chanceare setting up companies and not having a scooby’s what to do - Serco being the most glaring example. Talk about failing upwards (embodied by the self-serving clown in No.10).

And yes, kudos to Marcus Rashford. The problem, though, is that I feel conflicted when I watch United play - I’d normally always want them to lose, but now want to see Rashford do well... so I actually cheered when he scored and they beat PSG in midweek.

You mean taking on Max Headroom - Jesus Christ, there's a fine example of a tailor's dummy Sidney.

Brilliant campaign by Rashford, and he deserves all the plaudits going.

It should go without saying though, that it isn’t the job of young footballers to ensure there aren’t any hungry kids in one of the wealthiest countries in the world. Tories are gonna Tory, but they should be hanging there heads in shame at their refusal to carry on providing meals during the school holidays.

Angela Rayner was absolutely spot on in her assessment.

It's not just cafe's and restaurants on board now, it is many councils across the country including at least one Tory run council that are going against their party.

I just don't understand why 322 Tory MP's ever voted against this. They can't even say they are the party of free market ideology anymore given their earlier vote on breaking international law to allow state-aid. In fact it is very difficult to know what this government actually stands for other than rampant cronyism.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast