+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire Post with Dane Murphy

So all in all then no point in having ineffectual reporters or bullsh1t CEO's at all

It’s true then “Silence is Golden”

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    It’s true then “Silence is Golden”
    Certainly preferable to ineffectual reporters & bullsh1t CEO's

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Certainly preferable to ineffectual reporters & bullsh1t CEO's
    Leon wrote the most scathing piece on the owners I've read since they arrived three years ago exile .

The Yorkshire Post is a factual without political bias newspaper and anything they print you can be pretty sure it's true and fact checked .

There is no click bait journalism at the YP .

If the interview appears ineffectual its because the answers Leon received were the facts as far as he is aware .

Wait a while exile , if there's a story we need to know about the ownership then Leon and the YP will find it , fact check it and print it .

I have it on the record .

With respect to the journo I think you could have done a better job of the interview
    Is this the same Animal who made reference to Andrew Neil lately
    I have made my comments on the article published & nowt else & as I have alluded to the interview was pyss poor & certainly made little or no attempt to probe & if a journo doesn't do that then what's the point?

With respect to the journo I think you could have done a better job of the interview
    Is this the same Animal who made reference to Andrew Neil lately
    I have made my comments on the article published & nowt else & as I have alluded to the interview was pyss poor & certainly made little or no attempt to probe & if a journo doesn't do that then what's the point?
    He did probe Exile , he told him fans were pyssed off with the transfer window and Spud revealing told him he didn't concentrate on that or words to that affect .

The art of good investigative journalism is to hook your target in and then expose them for what you believe they are or your readers think they are , something Andrew Neil does very well .

For all we know everything down there could be tickety boo other than the owners are completely clueless on the matters of the football business , an allegation you could point at 80% of football club owners .

The communication I've had with the YP goes further than just clueless owners Exile and if there's nothing to be found then there's nothing to be found .

I am still waiting for a good piece of investigative journalism about BFC from local reporters. For example--

1. Is it true that our owners are the wealthiest in the Championship or, as some claim, this is all smoke and mirrors ? I'd like to read a researched piece on that.

2 What are the facts and personal issues behind the disputes between the 20% and 80% owners at Oakwell ?

3 What is the global strategy of our global owners in buying European clubs and where do BFC fit in this model ?

It's OK asking a series of soft questions but it's just filler journalism. Dane is the buffer protecting Chien and Conway (arseoyle) from proper investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    He did probe Exile , he told him fans were pyssed off with the transfer window and Spud revealing told him he didn't concentrate on that or words to that affect .

The art of good investigative journalism is to hook your target in and then expose them for what you believe they are or your readers think they are , something Andrew Neil does very well .

For all we know everything down there could be tickety boo other than the owners are completely clueless on the matters of the football business , an allegation you could point at 80% of football club owners .

The communication I've had with the YP goes further than just clueless owners Exile and if there's nothing to be found then there's nothing to be found .
    May I respectfully suggest you read the article again
    It is 95% asking DM questions and not following up on his answers but seemingly [borne out by his lack of further probing] satisfied with DM's responses unless you can point out any examples of serious attempts to probe further
    Was the article complete or is there other parts I'm not aware of

Yorkshire Post for Yorkshire folk always find it a decent read myself.
    Is everyone ok if I continue to share some of their topic’s regarding our great club.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 23-10-2020 at 04:17 PM.

May I respectfully suggest you read the article again
    It is 95% asking DM questions and not following up on his answers but seemingly [borne out by his lack of further probing] satisfied with DM's responses unless you can point out any examples of serious attempts to probe further
    Was the article complete or is there other parts I'm not aware of
    What would you like Leon to have asked exile ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast