+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Ebbe

Managed the team as I was first introduced to the club as a young loon. Will always live long in the memory. RIP Ebbe.

RIP Ebbe min

That's sad.
    RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    It was autocorrect that changed Dons to Don's in the earlier post and I canna be @rsed changing it.
    Likely story. Have some respect.

Just saw this a minute ago on the BBC news site and my first thought was "awe"

Then I realised that he was the last Aberdeen manager that I actually liked. (despite having never met him)

Good to see the comments on here back up the fond feelings Dons fans have for the man.
    I've heard (on the radio) Dons fans being ridiculed for this fondness.

It's obviously not ALL about results.

RIP min.

I would go along with a lot that has been said about Ebbe already. Some great memories of his time as manager and he had a real connection and honesty with the fans. That goes a long way to build rapport in the club.

Had the pleasure to meet him in person a couple of times and he was a true gent. Was my privilige to buy him a vodka and coke and chat with him as he puffed his fag.

RIP Ebbe min and keep standing free!

RIP Ebbe
    A colourful character who undoubtedly deserves his place in our club’s history as a manager who brightened some dark times .
    Good to hear all the fond memories and stories from other fans .
    Stand Free Ebbe min

Agree with what has been said above. Sad news, RIP Ebbe, you undoubtedly lightened some dark days!!

I was a kid when we had the success and only went to the occasional game when Willie Miller was in charge. So I started to go back with a mate when Alex Miller took over. The most enjoyable time was shouting Miller out in front of the Main Stand. But when Ebbe took over what a joy ,entertainment you never knew what the score would be. His press interviews were hilarious and you actually wanted to go to the game. I remember one day at Uni must have been about 1 or 2 and my mate suggested heading down to Rugby Park to watch the game. Knew we’d probably get beat but knew he’d at least try to win. Once I moved used to try to schedule visits with Dons games, remember a Celtic game at Pittodrie with a win and snowballs.

Once Ebbe left I’ve tried to schedule visits to avoid games so as not to bore myself.

Very entrepreneurial of the board to appoint him at the time (or even now). A dreadful time on the pitch which Ebbe somehow made enjoyable. I still quote “stats and mini skirts” to this day at my work and then have to tell people the story.

Seemed a genuine man who liked a drink and a smoke.

Goodnight Uncle Ebbe, I hope you are at peace and thanks for the memories.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast