+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Ebbe

Sad to hear this news.

"the operation was a success but unfortunately the patient died" and the mini skirt quote will always raise a smile.

RIP Ebbe

RIP Ebbe

A real character.

Ah that’s sad news.

Amazed he lasted this long the amount of fags he put away.

He was a shambles of a manager for us - but a very decent lad. As others have said some of the quotes and one liners were genius.

Will always be fondly remembered for being the closest thing to a diets manager we’ll ever have by nearly getting us relegated.

Did sign Kjaer, Stavrum & Zero though as I recall so not all bad.

RIP min ⭐️⭐️

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Ah that’s sad news.

Amazed he lasted this long the amount of fags he put away.

He was a shambles of a manager for us - but a very decent lad. As others have said some of the quotes and one liners were genius.

Will always be fondly remembered for being the closest thing to a diets manager we’ll ever have by nearly getting us relegated.

Did sign Kjaer, Stavrum & Zero though as I recall so not all bad.

RIP min ⭐️⭐️
    Signed Bisconti too, he was a good signing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    I still quote “stats and mini skirts” to this day at my work and then have to tell people the story
    When I was QA Manager at a now-subsumed FE college, I had to give a report at each meeting of Curriculum Policy Committee (Academic Board) on internal verification success v (****ing Blairite) targets, and an overview of external verification activity (this is how I know that Swinney is a devious erse) There was a query about the numbers once, and I took a deep breath, and intoned, ”In the words of the great Ebbe Skovdahl, ‘Statistics are like mini-skirts, they show what’s interesting but hide what’s important’” to muffled laughter from the good guys, and glares from the feminists. That was Friday. On Monday morning, the ex-Dunfermline reserve winger who was our scrupulously-fair Principal called me and asked for the quote. I thought that some **** had complained, but he wanted to use it in a presentation to the FE Principals’ network and the Scottish Higher Education Funding Council later that week. Ebbe’s influence spread wider that he probably ever imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He was. Shame he didn't stick around. He couldn't give a **** who Celtic or rangers were either.

RIP Ebbe. Incredible that the man who wins 9 home games in a row and gets us to 2 cup finals also gets us all but relegated but some of my best memories are from those times.

The 2-0 against the VicTims was a fantastic night when legendary reader Darren Mackie sealed it at the end.

Stavrum scoring the winner in a semi against the Pikeys.

Zero belting a ball against the dugout at Hampden when he wasn’t getting on.

Zero having a free run the length of the pitch to seal a win against the Hivees.

The mad celebration at Pittodrie when Andy Dow scored our first goal of the season after about 7 games.

No trophies but still a Dons legend due to his aforementioned quotes.

For those of us who attended Pittordrie and away games under Ebbe management.
    All I can say what a guy
    Put it this way we had more ups and downs during his era but for some reason he never got pellets from the fans
    We still believed in him even when results went against us......What a character and true gentleman
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I know I’m in a minority of one but I thought he was sh1te, a bit of a w@nker and a whole myth has built up around him that he doesn’t deserve

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    When I was QA Manager at a now-subsumed FE college, I had to give a report at each meeting of Curriculum Policy Committee (Academic Board) on internal verification success v (****ing Blairite) targets, and an overview of external verification activity (this is how I know that Swinney is a devious erse) There was a query about the numbers once, and I took a deep breath, and intoned, ”In the words of the great Ebbe Skovdahl, ‘Statistics are like mini-skirts, they show what’s interesting but hide what’s important’” to muffled laughter from the good guys, and glares from the feminists. That was Friday. On Monday morning, the ex-Dunfermline reserve winger who was our scrupulously-fair Principal called me and asked for the quote. I thought that some **** had complained, but he wanted to use it in a presentation to the FE Principals’ network and the Scottish Higher Education Funding Council later that week. Ebbe’s influence spread wider that he probably ever imagined.
    Continuing that theme, I used to go out with a psychotic hun primary teacher. We couldnt agree on the colour of shyte but I once mentioned a phoenixx quote from here, about ‘drinking your food & eating your drink’, which she then passed on to years of weegie school kids.

I miss him from here & the tales of his auntie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast