+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Might be nowt but

https://twitter.com/ninenufc/status/...497988108?s=21

Just seen it, Geordie.

Don't know what to make of it, tbh.

Man, it's so easy to tie yourself in knots over this!!

Ok, here's my current muddled thinking. There's one of three things going on-you'll have to decide for yourself how to rank them in terms of likelihood. So, here goes:

1. He's heard/been told the deal is going through and that the new owners are going to get shot so this is his dig at them, i.e. blowing the surprise, putting the cat among the pigeons in a sort of 'ooh, sorry, was I not meant to say' type way.

2. Ashley is going to get shot of him and replace him with feck knows who if it looks like things are going south so this is hs 'woe is me' bit without going overboard just in case it doesn't happen.

3. He knows saying something like that will provoke exactly this sort of reaction and is just taking the piss.

Any other options cos I'm all out of ideas.

If its 3 then he should be dragged out by his balls and shot at dawn.

It can't be 2 as fatso only gets rid of his managers when it's too late.

Several are saying that he was talking about not being in the game for more than a couple more years due to his age (ie retiring).
    I don’t think it was that because he isn’t old for a manager and because that wasn’t my impression when I first saw the interview (after your first impression, you start thinking too much about the meaning of what he said, and go into doubt).
    To answer the Zipmeister:
    - at a normal club I’d be 100% sure it’d be 2 but not at NUFC because Ashley wants no more than what Bruce is giving currently and will certainly not want to spend any money replacing the manager at the moment.
    - I think it’s a toys out the pram comment in response to fans’ criticism (perhaps simultaneously calling for a vote of support from the club).

i have looked at the interview, he 100% means something specific.

while he is talking about keeping trying he is looking downwards and theres a shrug of the shoulders which suggests he has no control over circumstances, pauses to think and cuts off, he didnt finish the sentence because he isnt in control and is not wanting to give anything away.

Then when he says he wont be in it much longer, he looks directly into the camera and addresses the audience, leans forward to end that part and then leans back with a smile which suggests he knows he has nothing to lose and shows he is relaxed.

When the reporter asks him about retiring, he immediately looks away and rubs the back of his head , the look away signifies away from his current role and the rub of the head is due to a rush of blood/nervousness because he has been asked to clarify on what he doesnt want to let out.

IMO Bruce has been told something is happening, he wont be a part of the plans and he can move on with another club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)