+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Turner Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The money is to make up for not having supporters through the turnstiles, even taking out season tickets of say around 3000, we still had 2000 on the gate come through. That's more than boreham wood get in total
    I am aware of that, but if you were a diehard Boreham Wood fan would you be happy that Notts County were getting five times your amount?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I am aware of that, but if you were a diehard Boreham Wood fan would you be happy that Notts County were getting five times your amount?
    It's not about fans being happy, it's about clubs budgeting for crowds and this making up the shortfall. As soon as fans are back in, the payments stop

I think you are missing the point it's not about being sentimental and be concerned about fans feelings it's financially and being proportional.

I am in total agreement with Mr Turner's statement on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's not about fans being happy, it's about clubs budgeting for crowds and this making up the shortfall. As soon as fans are back in, the payments stop
    Again, I am aware of that. The question was that if you were a fan of a small club, would you be happy that the big clubs were being given much more money that your club was being given?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I think you are missing the point it's not about being sentimental and be concerned about fans feelings it's financially and being proportional.

I am in total agreement with Mr Turner's statement on this matter.
    I'm not missing the point, I'm trying to look at it from both sides.

Would you be saying the same if you were a Boreham Wood fan?

Again, I am aware of that. The question was that if you were a fan of a small club, would you be happy that the big clubs were being given much more money that your club was being given?
    Surely though, the whole Govt schemes are to compensate for lost income.

Would it be fair that a restaurant with say 20 employees and a turnover of £1m was only given the same as a little place with a couple of employees?

The payments are to make sure clubs survive so those who have bigger costs need more.

I'm not missing the point, I'm trying to look at it from both sides.

Would you be saying the same if you were a Boreham Wood fan?
    In your example the Borehamwood fab would not be happy but also wrong for not being happy.

Remember the statement is by Jason Turner , a Chief Executive Officer of a football club not by John Turner retired electrician and Borehamwood fan. He doesn't come into the equation when we are talking the distribution of financial compensation.

Mr Turner view is bang on hence why he is to speak to an MP about it.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Surely though, the whole Govt schemes are to compensate for lost income.

Would it be fair that a restaurant with say 20 employees and a turnover of £1m was only given the same as a little place with a couple of employees?

The payments are to make sure clubs survive so those who have bigger costs need more.
    I seem to be banging my head against a brick wall here.

Just imagine that we were in the Championship (I know it's not easy) and we were a club like Wycombe. Would we be saying "yes, even though we are already facing a huge battle to stay at this level, it's quite right that Nottingham Forest should be given six times as much money as us because they are a much bigger club". Somehow, I don't think so.

Ever since I became a football fan, I have always fought the corner of the smaller clubs against the bigger clubs. Just because we are now the big fish in a small pond, that hasn't changed, and that's why I hate the greed at the top level. Maybe that's why my instinct was to try and see it from the other side. It looks like I'm heavily outnumbered.

Just imagine that we were in the Championship (I know it's not easy) and we were a club like Wycombe. Would we be saying "yes, even though we are already facing a huge battle to stay at this level, it's quite right that Nottingham Forest should be given six times as much money as us because they are a much bigger club". Somehow, I don't think so.

Ever since I became a football fan, I have always fought the corner of the smaller clubs against the bigger clubs. Just because we are now the big fish in a small pond, that hasn't changed, and that's why I hate the greed at the top level. Maybe that's why my instinct was to try and see it from the other side. It looks like I'm heavily outnumbered.
    If it were just some kind of windfall bonus, I would agree. But it is supposed to be given to ensure clubs survive. Is it right that teams like Borehamwood are better off than when supporters were allowed?

It's not because they are a bigger club. It's because they are losing more.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast