+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Turner Statement

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    It's not because they are a bigger club. It's because they are losing more.
    I realise that, and as Jason Turner says it doesn't do what it is supposed to do. If it was applied to the letter, we would get five times as much as some clubs. As a small club football fan, that wouldn't sit easily with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I realise that, and as Jason Turner says it doesn't do what it is supposed to do. If it was applied to the letter, we would get five times as much as some clubs. As a small club football fan, that wouldn't sit easily with me.
    But it can't be right that some clubs will be better off because of Covid, can it?

I just think that the split is disproportionately unfair, I am not saying we should get 7 or 8 times more.

But it can't be right that some clubs will be better off because of Covid, can it?

I just think that the split is disproportionately unfair, I am not saying we should get 7 or 8 times more.
    But would they be 'better off', or would it make the difference between survival and collapse?

I can't see any club at this level emerging from this mess better off because of Covid.

But would they be 'better off', or would it make the difference between survival and collapse?

I can't see any club at this level emerging from this mess better off because of Covid.
    Jason Turner seems to say they would be better off.

Jason Turner seems to say they would be better off.
    Jason Turner, quite rightly, is representing the people he is responsible for, just like Andy Burnham did in a similar scenario.

It would be interesting to see if any of the minnows in this league would describe themselves as being better off as a result of Covid!

I mentioned this on another thread. No, it isn't fair but if its the difference between a 'smaller' club surviving or going bust then I'm happy for the split this way. Having been on the brink of financial ruin ourselves (on more than one occasion), let's not forget how that feels - particularly as this is the result of a pandemic, not financial mismanagement by one individual.

I just hope it doesn't mean we are making a loss if this money was actually meant to cover lost earnings from attending supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I just hope it doesn't mean we are making a loss if this money was actually meant to cover lost earnings from attending supporters.
    That's almost certainly what is happening, which will be why Jason T has made this statement

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I mentioned this on another thread. No, it isn't fair but if its the difference between a 'smaller' club surviving or going bust then I'm happy for the split this way. Having been on the brink of financial ruin ourselves (on more than one occasion), let's not forget how that feels - particularly as this is the result of a pandemic, not financial mismanagement by one individual.

I agree with all you say. I don't want any club to go bust, and at the same time I do think that a '2 size fits all' isn't the fairest way to use the finance given.

I think the big issue with this is that clubs were asked to submit historical financial records to qualify the lost revenue they are experiencing by not having fans at games. Notts quite clearly did this and in good faith only to find out that it was completely ignored. It’s just laziness again on the part of the NL that they haven’t done what they said they would do. If every club had submitted this information and it was independently verified then a tiered system for the distribution of the support funds would be very easy to create.

I do wonder if some clubs like BW looked at this and thought “hmm, we are losing about £40k pcm but if we keep that to ourselves we might get more”.?

As a small business owner I’m conflicted by this because I know if the same help was offered to me I would want to get as much money as possible whether I needed it or not, but I also understand that the big factory across the road would need much more support if they couldn’t go about their usual business and I wouldn’t expect to have the same levels of financial aid.

Jason Turner, quite rightly, is representing the people he is responsible for, just like Andy Burnham did in a similar scenario.

It would be interesting to see if any of the minnows in this league would describe themselves as being better off as a result of Covid!
    I've just had a look at Dover's average attendance and it's just over 1000, and they charge £18 per full price ticket and £15 for concessions.

To make it easy, if we say that a home game for them generates £20k, and now they are getting £84k plus streaming revenue, that is probably the equivalent of 5 home games per month.

Looking at their calendar they weren't due to play 5 home games in a month (some months 4, others 3, others 2) so objectively they are now definitely better off due to Covid.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast