+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Threed. The Mighty AFC v Victim FC

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Better telling yourself that. The proof was what happened when he played. Disgraceful decision to drop the lad to the bench so he could have an extra defensive midfielder in. You won’t win trophies being negative. Hope he keeps that in mind for next weekend.
    He did very well when he came on, (as did "the Donkey" who was very much involved in goals 2 and 3) and was kept for the purpose of running at them when they were beginning to feel the pace of the game. Joe Harper said that before the game, and the manager said so after the game. It's called tactics and I'll take their expertise and knowledge any minute of the hour, hour of the day, or day of the week rather than your own non-stop whingeing, greeting, girning, scapegoating and general non-stop insipid puerility.

(Pal).

Most of us have said this many times before but yet again today proved the ONLY way to play against celtic is to press and get in their faces. For years their strength has been their attacking players and their weakness is there defence - today was proof of that yet again. If you sit off them then eventually they take advantage, so credit where credit is due to McInnes for changing approach today.

By the way a bit churlish but thankfully Ferguson scored the penalty as that was a terrible miss by Cosgrove when Collum played advantage, but no harm done in the end

We will still be underdogs but I have more hope for a Hampden game against celtic than for many a year

Cosgrove is keeping his goal for next week’s winner.

Only watched the second half, a mixture of s’hite and brilliance, but a Wright made a distinct difference and Cosgrove was Cosgrove.
    An awkward b’astard to play against, and has probably been a miss.

Dons for the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    He did very well when he came on, (as did "the Donkey" who was very much involved in goals 2 and 3) and was kept for the purpose of running at them when they were beginning to feel the pace of the game. Joe Harper said that before the game, and the manager said so after the game. It's called tactics and I'll take their expertise and knowledge any minute of the hour, hour of the day, or day of the week rather than your own non-stop whingeing, greeting, girning, scapegoating and general non-stop insipid puerility.

(Pal).
    McInnes is only making excuses after mucking up the decision to drop Wright. You keep listening to him though as he needs folk like you.

To the McInnes fan club....you can just admit I was right again and save yourselves further embarrassment.

1st tims game in years I've nae felt they could over-run us. They're nae as dominant as previous celtic sides but still have a couple match-winners on the day - likes of griffiths and mcgregor.

Match up to them physically and you've got a decent shot against this tims side. I'm now less pessimistic aboot this semifinal than for a long time. Monidons

Hopefully the Tims will wait until after the semi final to fire popcorn teeth. We would have much less chance of beating them if they get a proper manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    Calm down children. It was a good performance all round. I thought Wright should have started but to be fair we looked solid enough with McGeouch in there for the first half hour. That being said Wright was outstanding when he came on and has to be in with a great chance of starting next week.

Man of the match for me was Hedges.
    Wright was very good when he came on but Hedges was superb again as well.

Nobody really mentions the fact that Hedges has been our best player so far this season, he deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Wright was very good when he came on but Hedges was superb again as well.

Nobody really mentions the fact that Hedges has been our best player so far this season, he deserves a lot more credit than he gets.
    He gets praised plenty. Including a few man of the matches.

A chance missed today.

We will never have a better chance to have a go at the ugly sisters.

Stop phucking sh1tting it Deek, heid first and see what happens.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast