+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Threed. The Mighty AFC v Victim FC

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Wright has been one of the stand out players for us. Last few games his form has dipped a bit and has missed a few chances that he really should have buried.

Entirely plausible that he needed the kick up the arse that he got by being dropped to up his form. It certainly worked.
    As Bobby Clark said he came on when they were tiring and would he have been as effective from the off. I hope he starts next week and runs at them. I see septic have another Scott Brown lined-up...McGregor - kick **** out of our players and only get a booking.
    Last edited by dons8321; 25-10-2020 at 07:38 PM.

It could be argued that Willie Collum opted out today by not giving the obvious foul on Cosgrove just before their second goal - as last man did Duffy not run the risk of being sent off ?? And Lennon had the nerve to complain about the ref !!- what a plonker he can be !

Quote Originally Posted by thecoach View Post
    It could be argued that Willie Collum opted out today by not giving the obvious foul on Cosgrove just before their second goal - as last man did Duffy not run the risk of being sent off ?? And Lennon had the nerve to complain about the ref !!- what a plonker he can be !
    He could have not given us the 2nd penalty saying Cosgrove had a shot and I'm such a good ref. I played advantage!

Collum got the 3 penalty decisions right but he should have given a foul on Cosgrove for their second goal and he also should have given us a corner when Christie cleared a free kick but gave them a goal kick instead.

Lennon never mentioned anything about those decisions.

I thought we played well today but I think Taylor is a weakness in central defence and was at least partially responsive for two of their goals. Her is too slow and could not cope with the movement of Christie and MacGregor. I was disappointed when Deek took him back after he was released by Northampton Town ( not exactly the Real Madrid of League 2 ). I thought Devlin was a better defender but he seems completely out of favour with Mc Innes even when he is fit. We should have strengthened this area in the summer but did not do so. We must have a good go at them next Sunday as it is the only way we have a chance of winning the tie and hope that our defense plays its part.

Taylor has his off days far to many for a professional footballer
    However the very mention of Devlin makes my heart sink
    Devllin is a horrendous defender.
    Save a wage and offload at the first opportunity

No, Duffy wouldn't have been risking being sent off as last man.
    I think the rule doesn't actually state "last man", but instead cites about denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity.
    Duffy's two handed push on Cosgrove was not denying Cosgrove a goal scoring opportunity.

I noted that Collum also ignored a similar incident on Griffiths later in the game, so maybe his way of "evening things up"

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Taylor has his off days far to many for a professional footballer
    However the very mention of Devlin makes my heart sink
    Devllin is a horrendous defender.
    Save a wage and offload at the first opportunity
    Devlin is no worse or better than Taylor and Considine.

The 3 of them aren’t good enough for us to be any better than finishing 3rd in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I thought we played well today but I think Taylor is a weakness in central defence and was at least partially responsive for two of their goals. Her is too slow and could not cope with the movement of Christie and MacGregor. I was disappointed when Deek took him back after he was released by Northampton Town ( not exactly the Real Madrid of League 2 ). I thought Devlin was a better defender but he seems completely out of favour with Mc Innes even when he is fit. We should have strengthened this area in the summer but did not do so. We must have a good go at them next Sunday as it is the only way we have a chance of winning the tie and hope that our defense plays its part.
    I don't blame Taylor solely for the first goal. He left his man to try and put in a tackle on McGregor after he had been left by others to waltz into our box. He had an opportunity to make the last tackle attempt, but there were others absent as well.
    It started by Watkins, initially marking McGregor, leaving him to continue his run. Was he passing him on? If so who to? Fergie was closing down Rogic but wasn't close enough. McCrorie was not marking anybody, so he could have dropped into the hole and blocked McGregor.
    So Taylor was partially to blame but not making a more substantive tackle, but I don't think he should be the sole scapegoat.

Griffiths goal was different. Taylor was marking him and simply let him have too much space in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Devlin is no worse or better than Taylor and Considine.

The 3 of them aren’t good enough for us to be any better than finishing 3rd in the league.
    Considine and Taylor were honking against Celtic. Hoban didn’t cover himself in glory by stupidly giving away a penalty. Thought he looked far better than the other 2 otherwise. If Devlin is fit, we really should be dropping Taylor or Considine. If Scott Wright can get dropped whilst playing reasonably well but missing a couple of chances then going by our esteemed manager’s credentials then they will be fired onto the bench for the Scottish cup semi. It won’t happen but if I was Scott Wright I would certainly be making that point to Del. Just because you are a defender doesn’t mean you should be undroppable.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast