+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Threed. The Mighty AFC v Victim FC

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    In/Oot - In with virtual ST
    Furryboots - In the van
    Pre - Working
    Post - Scampi and chips
    Prediction - Hayes to get bitten by a dog before nabbing the long range opener. 2-1 to the good guys.
    Don't be putting money on that, Hayes is out apparently.

Timmy are on the verge of a meltdown, so this is a great chance for us to beat them. We have to have a go at them, that means no tombola, not playing 5 or 6 defenders and peeing our pants like we usually do in big games.

So obviously it will be an easy win for Timmy.

McInnes will go on Anchor Man mode as usual against Celtic and bottle it. If you are thinking we will change our approach to playing them then you are kidding yourself on. He’s already telling them he fears them by going on about them being a wounded animal. Ffs....what a sh!tebag!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If we were to win one game against them then I'd rather it was in the Scottish cup the following weekend.
    ^^^ Yep, this ^^^

As for tomorrow, sadly I’ve seen this movie too many times.

Timothy will change the formation to 4 at the back, like they did second half against Milan, and will raise their game like they always do when they think we might cause them an issue.

DM will do his usual timid, cautious pish. Ajer, despite being a massive fanny dancer, will get freedom to roam all over the place, & we’ll lose 2-0 or 2-1.

Rinse & repeat at Hampden.

Hope I’m wrong, but I doubt it...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    ^^^ Yep, this ^^^

As for tomorrow, sadly I’ve seen this movie too many times.

Timothy will change the formation to 4 at the back, like they did second half against Milan, and will raise their game like they always do when they think we might cause them an issue.

DM will do his usual timid, cautious pish. Ajer, despite being a massive fanny dancer, will get freedom to roam all over the place, & we’ll lose 2-0 or 2-1.

Rinse & repeat at Hampden.

Hope I’m wrong, but I doubt it...
    I’ve not seen Celtic play this year but doubt they’ll ply 4 at the back.
    Lennon will want to dominate the game and therefore will not want our midfield to take hold.
    They’ll therefore have 5 in midfield with 2 up front.
    They’re back three will be asked to stretch wide (probably Ajet and A.n.other, leaving Duffy in the middle). I’d agree with other comments that we want to invite Duffy to step out of the centre and when we nick the ball, counter fast and direct through the centre.
    Duffy is a big capable unit, but suspect when players with pace ran at / past him.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Lennon will want to dominate the game and therefore will not want our midfield to take hold.
    They’re back three will be asked to stretch wide (probably Ajet and A.n.other, leaving Duffy in the middle). I’d agree with other comments that we want to invite Duffy to step out of the centre and when we nick the ball, counter fast and direct through the centre.
    Duffy is a big capable unit, but suspect when players with pace ran at / past him.
    I hope they stick with a 3 as that gives us a chance of a win.

Don’t need 5 in midfield to dominate. Sevco showed that.

Tims have really struggled with 3 at the back against two teams who pressed them high and harassed the wide players.

If they went 3 at the back m, & we did that, I’d fancy us getting a result.

Issues are:

They played far better with 4 at the back & Christie in midfield second half vs Milan - so I think they might well stick with that.

We never press like Sevco & Milan did - which means Lemmon might stick with a 3. If they do & we sit off, we’ll get pumped...

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    They’ll play a back 4.
    They switched to that at half time in midweek & were far better with it.
    It’ll be 4-2-3-1

Barkas
    Frimpong Duffy Ajer Laxalt
    Brown McGregor
    Christie Rogic Elyounoussi
    Edouard or Ajeti

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    They’ll play a back 4.
    It’ll be 4-2-3-1

Barkas
    Brown McGregor
    Edouard or Ajeti
    That looks a pretty strong side , I thought they had loads of players out just now or is that particular crisis over just in time to meet us?

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    That looks a pretty strong side , I thought they had loads of players out just now or is that particular crisis over just in time to meet us?
    All we ever ask is have a fvcking go. Hedges, Wright, Ferguson and McRorie could dominate their midfield given an attacking license. Sitting back as usual will give the same result. Just go for it McInnes.

We owe this to Ebbe to have a go.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    They’ll play a back 4.
    It’ll be 4-2-3-1

Barkas
    Brown McGregor
    Edouard or Ajeti
    Surely would suit our 3-4-2-1 system. It’ll end up a battle of the midfields. With our 6 versus their 5

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast