+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Threed. The Mighty AFC v Victim FC

Exciting game, which we should really have won, but I guess having gone behind I’ll take a draw in the end.

Wright made a massive difference. He basically made goals 2 and 3. Goal 3 he picks the ball up just over the half way like and ghosts past 3 Celtic players as if they weren’t there, gets to the edge of the box where he’s met by another 3 and somehow wriggles past 1 and squeezes a ball through the eye of a needle to Hedges who also did brilliantly to cut it back. If a Celtic or Rangers player produces that kind of skill it would be everywhere. It reminded me of the kind of thing Maddison did in glimpses when he was here with his close control and pace, just ripping through defences.

If we play like that again we’ll have a good chance next Sunday. Hopefully Celtic pick up one or two more injuries on Thursday night!

I don't want to be a negative Norman but we got a draw against them playing at full pelt at times whereas they are pish and have lots of issues on and off the park. Good game, nice to get a last minute penalty but there is clearly still a gap we can't close.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Considine and Taylor were honking against Celtic. Hoban didn’t cover himself in glory by stupidly giving away a penalty. Thought he looked far better than the other 2 otherwise. If Devlin is fit, we really should be dropping Taylor or Considine. If Scott Wright can get dropped whilst playing reasonably well but missing a couple of chances then going by our esteemed manager’s credentials then they will be fired onto the bench for the Scottish cup semi. It won’t happen but if I was Scott Wright I would certainly be making that point to Del. Just because you are a defender doesn’t mean you should be undroppable.
    Surprised that you think Devlin would be an upgrade to either Taylor or Considine. He's ben mediocre (being charitable) at best in his time here and for minutes on the pitch has probably made more errors than both. Plus he's always injured. No goal threat. I'd be happy to hear any positives you may have for Devlin as I would like him to be good

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Exciting game, which we should really have won, but I guess having gone behind I’ll take a draw in the end.

Wright made a massive difference. He basically made goals 2 and 3. Goal 3 he picks the ball up just over the half way like and ghosts past 3 Celtic players as if they weren’t there, gets to the edge of the box where he’s met by another 3 and somehow wriggles past 1 and squeezes a ball through the eye of a needle to Hedges who also did brilliantly to cut it back. If a Celtic or Rangers player produces that kind of skill it would be everywhere. It reminded me of the kind of thing Maddison did in glimpses when he was here with his close control and pace, just ripping through defences.

If we play like that again we’ll have a good chance next Sunday. Hopefully Celtic pick up one or two more injuries on Thursday night!
    I would like to think I'll be wrong but if he starts playing like that on Sunday, Broon will start kicking the Shyte out of him and on his 5th assault will get a yellow. By which time he won't be the same threat

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Surprised that you think Devlin would be an upgrade to Considine.
    Cmon now surely you know by now that Red John even rates himself as an upgrade on Considine

I would like to think I'll be wrong but if he starts playing like that on Sunday, Broon will start kicking the Shyte out of him and on his 5th assault will get a yellow. By which time he won't be the same threat
    I was thinking that - I think he may have nutmegged old Brooner in the lead up to the final
    Goal so he’ll probably last 5 minutes before broon or doofy clatter him next week. That Duffus nearly killed edmondson with his shove into the wall - when you see how he landed it could have been a lot worse. Make no mistake, that bunch will do whatever it takes to win and they’ll get away with it 9 times out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Well it works in our favour but it’s p’ish nonetheless.

Last season’s competition so last season’s rules.

I hope he scores the winner for us anyway.
    If we win they’ll probably decide it should be replayed under last seasons rules .....

Surprised that you think Devlin would be an upgrade to either Taylor or Considine. He's ben mediocre (being charitable) at best in his time here and for minutes on the pitch has probably made more errors than both. Plus he's always injured. No goal threat. I'd be happy to hear any positives you may have for Devlin as I would like him to be good
    What I was doing was making the point that we have defenders to replace the ones who were underperforming. If the young lad Wright gets dropped because of his form then there should be no hope of even Taylor and Considine making the squad never mind the bench next week. Absolutely terrible defending from both at times. No point dropping players who have missed a couple of goal scoring opportunities but not dropping players who have defended like they were blindfolded. Upto you Mr.McInnes....let’s see if you are an equal manager or does the young lad get punished more because he is an easy to deal with?

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Cmon now surely you know by now that Red John even rates himself as an upgrade on Considine

Considine can’t defend well in big matches in our league. Even with my dodgy knee I reckon I could be quicker at times. Another thing...I would have buried that chance that fell to big Sam Cosgrove. He will know that though. I will let him off though as we got the penalty anyway and it was his first game all season. His shot at goal led to Hedges scoring so fair play to him for at least making the goalkeeper save it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post

Considine can’t defend well in big matches in our league. Even with my dodgy knee I reckon I could be quicker at times. Another thing...I would have buried that chance that fell to big Sam Cosgrove. He will know that though. I will let him off though as we got the penalty anyway and it was his first game all season. His shot at goal led to Hedges scoring so fair play to him for at least making the goalkeeper save it as such.
    First sentence........YAWN.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast