+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Threed. The Mighty AFC v Victim FC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Match Threed. The Mighty AFC v Victim FC

Sunday lunchtime kick-off, but with an extra hour in your scratcher for the clocks change.

Timothy will be smarting due to two defeats in a row and will probably come out all guns blazing. Hopefully we fight fire with fire and stand up to them, rather than holding back and waiting for the inevitable.

Too many injuries to guess the team right now, but I can’t see Hayes playing. McLennan played ok in that role v Hamilton and him versus Frimpong may turn out a key aspect.

Just get into their faces with controlled aggression and understand they are there for the taking.

2-0 the good guys.

Hopefully I’m proved to be wrong but we’ve been in this position more times than I care to remember and it always ends the same way .
    The Tim’s are definitely in regression at the moment but there’s a big IF if we can take advantage of that .
    I just fear we’ll start too slowly and show them too much respect, do that and it’s all over by half time .
    We are more than capable of getting something from the game but it all hinges on the managers tactics which have been proven to come up short nearly always against Celtic.
    Heart says 1-1 , head says 0-2 defeat.
    I’d love to be eating my words on Sunday afternoon.....

If we were to win one game against them then I'd rather it was in the Scottish cup the following weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If we were to win one game against them then I'd rather it was in the Scottish cup the following weekend.
    Definitely, I’d swap defeat in every other league game against them this season for a place in a cup final v Hibs /Hearts

Absolutely If I had a choice between the two it has to be the cup game.
    Question is what will the board be like when some folk can't go off on a tirade about other people getting to purchase tickets for the final before them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    ^^^ Yep, this ^^^

As for tomorrow, sadly I’ve seen this movie too many times.

Timothy will change the formation to 4 at the back, like they did second half against Milan, and will raise their game like they always do when they think we might cause them an issue.

DM will do his usual timid, cautious pish. Ajer, despite being a massive fanny dancer, will get freedom to roam all over the place, & we’ll lose 2-0 or 2-1.

Rinse & repeat at Hampden.

Hope I’m wrong, but I doubt it...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    ^^^ Yep, this ^^^

As for tomorrow, sadly I’ve seen this movie too many times.

Timothy will change the formation to 4 at the back, like they did second half against Milan, and will raise their game like they always do when they think we might cause them an issue.

DM will do his usual timid, cautious pish. Ajer, despite being a massive fanny dancer, will get freedom to roam all over the place, & we’ll lose 2-0 or 2-1.

Rinse & repeat at Hampden.

Hope I’m wrong, but I doubt it...
    I’ve not seen Celtic play this year but doubt they’ll ply 4 at the back.
    Lennon will want to dominate the game and therefore will not want our midfield to take hold.
    They’ll therefore have 5 in midfield with 2 up front.
    They’re back three will be asked to stretch wide (probably Ajet and A.n.other, leaving Duffy in the middle). I’d agree with other comments that we want to invite Duffy to step out of the centre and when we nick the ball, counter fast and direct through the centre.
    Duffy is a big capable unit, but suspect when players with pace ran at / past him.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Lennon will want to dominate the game and therefore will not want our midfield to take hold.
    They’re back three will be asked to stretch wide (probably Ajet and A.n.other, leaving Duffy in the middle). I’d agree with other comments that we want to invite Duffy to step out of the centre and when we nick the ball, counter fast and direct through the centre.
    Duffy is a big capable unit, but suspect when players with pace ran at / past him.
    I hope they stick with a 3 as that gives us a chance of a win.

Don’t need 5 in midfield to dominate. Sevco showed that.

Tims have really struggled with 3 at the back against two teams who pressed them high and harassed the wide players.

If they went 3 at the back m, & we did that, I’d fancy us getting a result.

Issues are:

They played far better with 4 at the back & Christie in midfield second half vs Milan - so I think they might well stick with that.

We never press like Sevco & Milan did - which means Lemmon might stick with a 3. If they do & we sit off, we’ll get pumped...

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    They’ll play a back 4.
    They switched to that at half time in midweek & were far better with it.
    It’ll be 4-2-3-1

Barkas
    Frimpong Duffy Ajer Laxalt
    Brown McGregor
    Christie Rogic Elyounoussi
    Edouard or Ajeti

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    They’ll play a back 4.
    They switched to that at half time in midweek & were far better with it.
    It’ll be 4-2-3-1

Barkas
    Frimpong Duffy Ajer Laxalt
    Brown McGregor
    Christie Rogic Elyounoussi
    Edouard or Ajeti
    That looks a pretty strong side , I thought they had loads of players out just now or is that particular crisis over just in time to meet us?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast