+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Threed. The Mighty AFC v Victim FC

There is a definite want about the Considine fan club

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Considine and Taylor were honking against Celtic. Hoban didn’t cover himself in glory by stupidly giving away a penalty. Thought he looked far better than the other 2 otherwise. If Devlin is fit, we really should be dropping Taylor or Considine. If Scott Wright can get dropped whilst playing reasonably well but missing a couple of chances then going by our esteemed manager’s credentials then they will be fired onto the bench for the Scottish cup semi. It won’t happen but if I was Scott Wright I would certainly be making that point to Del. Just because you are a defender doesn’t mean you should be undroppable.
    I don’t think Considine did anything wrong against Celtic yesterday,Taylor was ball watching for their second goal and Hoban gave away the pen but to be fair if he didn’t take the boy down he would have scored.

In general though Hoban has improved our defence and is the best centre half we have had in a long time,I guess if he didn’t have his injury problems he wouldn’t have signed for us and would be playing at a higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I don’t think Considine did anything wrong against Celtic yesterday,Taylor was ball watching for their second goal and Hoban gave away the pen but to be fair if he didn’t take the boy down he would have scored.

In general though Hoban has improved our defence and is the best centre half we have had in a long time,I guess if he didn’t have his injury problems he wouldn’t have signed for us and would be playing at a higher level.
    I think Hoban could have gone to meet the ball a bit better, rather than just sticking out his leg and waiting for it to come to him. However, I do agree, he's the best defender we've had in a while and as McInnes has said he does help the players around him. Considine didn't do much wrong from what I saw - Taylor just isn't a great defender and switches off at times which is sometimes costly. He is generally good at winning the ball in the air and doesn't lose many physical battles, but he can be a bit rash with his tackles, and can get caught out of position, and just be a bit slow to react. He's a decent SPL level defender, but if we're wanting to mix it with the big boys we probably need better. I would say that currently he's the weakest link in the team - if you were picking one player to replace for me it would be him. Having said that I don't think he's terrible, and against most of the teams we play against he'll do fine. I certainly wouldn't be pinning any hopes on Devlin, I really don't think he'll feature much for us this season, and could see him leaving in the summer. Greg Leigh playing at LCB with Considine moving into the central position is maybe more likely, but all things considered I think our best back 3 is probably what we had on Sunday.

I thought Considine was very slow plodding back for at least 1 of the goals which came right through our central defence. He doesn’t have the awareness to deal with Celtic attacking and is far too often caught out in these matches.
    Hoban is our best defender by a mile. Bad mistake giving away a penalty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think Hoban could have gone to meet the ball a bit better, rather than just sticking out his leg and waiting for it to come to him. However, I do agree, he's the best defender we've had in a while and as McInnes has said he does help the players around him. Considine didn't do much wrong from what I saw - Taylor just isn't a great defender and switches off at times which is sometimes costly. He is generally good at winning the ball in the air and doesn't lose many physical battles, but he can be a bit rash with his tackles, and can get caught out of position, and just be a bit slow to react. He's a decent SPL level defender, but if we're wanting to mix it with the big boys we probably need better. I would say that currently he's the weakest link in the team - if you were picking one player to replace for me it would be him. Having said that I don't think he's terrible, and against most of the teams we play against he'll do fine. I certainly wouldn't be pinning any hopes on Devlin, I really don't think he'll feature much for us this season, and could see him leaving in the summer. Greg Leigh playing at LCB with Considine moving into the central position is maybe more likely, but all things considered I think our best back 3 is probably what we had on Sunday.
    Can’t see that working as I think Hoban has to play in the centre of the 3.

If anything Leigh would have to come in for Considine in the left side of the defence but that still leaves Ash Taylor on the right hand side.

Have to say in the Hamilton game for their first goal Taylor didn’t cover himself in glory, he looked like he was thinking he could shield the ball out for a goal kick even though it would heading towards the guy that scored.

Can’t see that working as I think Hoban has to play in the centre of the 3.

If anything Leigh would have to come in for Considine in the left side of the defence but that still leaves Ash Taylor on the right hand side.

Have to say in the Hamilton game for their first goal Taylor didn’t cover himself in glory, he looked like he was thinking he could shield the ball out for a goal kick even though it would heading towards the guy that scored.
    I thought Taylor was the one playing in the centre of the 3, with Hoban to the right and Considine to the left? Hence why in some games Hoban has been spotted rampaging up the right wing.

I thought Taylor was the one playing in the centre of the 3, with Hoban to the right and Considine to the left? Hence why in some games Hoban has been spotted rampaging up the right wing.
    Aye you're correct DC,Taylor playing centre with Hoban right and Considine left

Fair enough then I’m talking Shyte as usual

Scott Brown might be getting cited for use of an elbow on Scott Wright.

Mink

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    Scott Brown might be getting cited for use of an elbow on Scott Wright.

Mink
    He probably forgot he wasn't wearing the armband of invisibility. Either way the chances of any censure are smaller than his simian brain.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast