+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Threed. The Mighty AFC v Victim FC

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Surely would suit our 3-4-2-1 system. It’ll end up a battle of the midfields. With our 6 versus their 5
    I think the attitude & way we approach is more important than the formation.
    So many times we’ve been out of the game after 30 minute at home to this lot, letting them stroll around with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    That looks a pretty strong side , I thought they had loads of players out just now or is that particular crisis over just in time to meet us?
    The only other first pick who’s out is James Forrest & he’s back in training apparently.
    Maybe Julien too arguably.
    They’re virtually full strength

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The only other first pick who’s out is James Forrest & he’s back in training apparently.
    Maybe Julien too arguably.
    They’re virtually full strength
    I don’t hold out much hope , they don’t often lose 3 in a row and they know they’ll need a big performance after last weeks feeble showing against der hun

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I don’t hold out much hope , they don’t often lose 3 in a row and they know they’ll need a big performance after last weeks feeble showing against der hun
    But that is our problem, they live rent free in our head. What the fvck should their previous results matter to us. Play to our strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    But that is our problem, they live rent free in our head. What the fvck should their previous results matter to us. Play to our strengths.
    It’s the manager you need to tell that to, scene is set for him to **** it again tomorrow

I’ve not seen Celtic play this year but doubt they’ll ply 4 at the back.
    Lennon will want to dominate the game and therefore will not want our midfield to take hold.
    They’ll therefore have 5 in midfield with 2 up front.
    They’re back three will be asked to stretch wide (probably Ajet and A.n.other, leaving Duffy in the middle). I’d agree with other comments that we want to invite Duffy to step out of the centre and when we nick the ball, counter fast and direct through the centre.
    Duffy is a big capable unit, but suspect when players with pace ran at / past him.

Duffy is absolutely crap

I hope McInnes sticks with the 3421 we've been playing, as the players are used to it now and it's worked well. It'll be interesting to see who he goes with in terms of personnel though... a lot of the places are nailed down... but if Hayes is out, does he go with McLennan, or the experience of McGinn, or does he bring McGeouch in and play McCrorie on the right again. There are lots of options, I hope he just keeps the players in their best positions and doesn't try to be too "clever".

Lewis
    Hoban Taylor Considine
    McLennan McCrorie Ferguson Hedges
    Wright Watkins
    Edmonson

I'd probably go with that, although I wouldn't be surprised if he drops Wright and brings someone like McGeouch in to play deeper and pushes Ferguson in behind Watkins and Edmonson as more of a front two.

As others have noted, it's the attitude and mentality that will be as important as anything else. If we go out believing we can win then we've got every chance of doing that, but if we go out to try and not lose we likely will. Celtic aren't that good, and if we can put the pressure on early and get a goal they might just crumble under the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I hope McInnes sticks with the 3421 we've been playing, as the players are used to it now and it's worked well. It'll be interesting to see who he goes with in terms of personnel though... a lot of the places are nailed down... but if Hayes is out, does he go with McLennan, or the experience of McGinn, or does he bring McGeouch in and play McCrorie on the right again. There are lots of options, I hope he just keeps the players in their best positions and doesn't try to be too "clever".

Lewis
    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Wright Watkins
    Edmonson

I'd probably go with that, although I wouldn't be surprised if he drops Wright and brings someone like McGeouch in to play deeper and pushes Ferguson in behind Watkins and Edmonson as more of a front two.

As others have noted, it's the attitude and mentality that will be as important as anything else. If we go out believing we can win then we've got every chance of doing that, but if we go out to try and not lose we likely will. Celtic aren't that good, and if we can put the pressure on early and get a goal they might just crumble under the pressure.
    McLennan has done well of late and has pace to burn, however Hedges appears to provide his best coming in from the right and less effective on the left. He likes to cut inside onto his favored left rather than be an outright winger, which means I prefer Hedges on the right.

Frimpong on their right appears to be the one we have to be careful of, so I think for this game, Leigh (if fit) would be better on the left or would McLennan be as effective on the left to match up the pace and encourage McLennan to also be able to cut inside

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Lewis
    Hoban Taylor Considine
    Wright Watkins
    Edmonson

Yep he’s done exactly that.

So Mccrorie in for? Wright on the bench so
    Lewis
    Hoban Taylor Consi
    Mccrorie Mcgeouch Ferguson Hayes
    Hedges Edmundson Watkins
    COYR

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast