+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Match Threed. The Mighty AFC v Victim FC

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Campbell is injured unfortunately. Ojo adds nothing at all to the team when he plays and generally always makes us weaker. Let’s be more positive and ditch the need for putting more sitting midfielders into the team. Attack attack attack should be our new football philosophy. The way to beat Celtic and the huns is to go for the jugular. They cannot handle teams having a right go at them.
    I’d rather see Leigh or Hayes in midfield along with Ferguson than Ojo. Ojo just looks out of his depth any time he’s been on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I’d rather see Leigh or Hayes in midfield along with Ferguson than Ojo. Ojo just looks out of his depth any time he’s been on the park.
    Who knows why anyone seen about Ojo to make a decision on us signing him. Very similar as a scouting exercise as the signings of Gleeson and Forrester. I want all our new signings to do well but unfortunately some shouldn’t have even been considered for Cove never mind Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I might be wrong but I think I remember folk saying the Hayes wouldn’t be cup tied when he signed, so sounds like nobody else would be.
    Hayes green light delights McInnes

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes admits the availability of Jonny Hayes for this Sunday ’ s Scottish Cup semi- final is a pleasant surprise.
    The Republic of Ireland international played for former club Celtic in the previous round of the competition, coming on as a late substitute for Greg Taylor in a 1- 0 win at St Johnstone.
    Hayes was released by Celtic in the summer and returned to Pittodrie for a second spell, having agreed to defer his wages for a year and help ease the financial burden on the Dons during the coronavirus pandemic.
    Mc Inn es feared the 33-year-old would be cuptied for Sunday’s showdown against his former side and is delighted the Scottish FA has granted special dispensation for players who have already represented another club in the competition to play in the semi- finals, which were originally scheduled to take place on April 11 and 12.
    Hayes recovered from a groin injury sustained in the 4-2 win against Hamilton Accies to feature for the Dons in Sunday’s 3- 3 league draw with the Hoops at Pittodrie.
    When asked if he was surprised by the Scottish FA’s decision, McInnes said: “Yes, I was.
    “I wasn’t convinced that was ever going to be the case but he shouldn’t be denied that chance.
    “It was brilliant even getting the news on Sunday morning that Jonny had no adverse reaction to Saturday’s training and would be able to play.
    “Defensively and with his work in his own half Jonny is very good.
    “But he still carries that fight for us, that torch for us going forward.
    “He is a really inspirational player for us.
    “We had the conversation with Jonny in the summer that playing in the semifinal was so important for him.
    “That was one of the first things he mentioned.
    “Trying to be part of a successful Aberdeen team was important to Jonny as well as it is for us all.
    “It is great that he is available for us both after his injury last week and being able to perform in the semi-final.”
    Aberdeen attacker Niall McGinn said recently he believes Hayes has returned to Pittodrie as a better player following his three years at Celtic Park.
    During his time with the Hoops, former Caley Thistle winger Hayes won three league titles as well as two League Cup and one Scottish Cup winner’ s medals.
    McInnes said: “I think Jonny would say himself he maybe wasn’t as focused in the early part of his career.
    “We got a hold of him here and his consistency and fitness were really what got him his move to Celtic.
    “He was a key player for a number of years.
    “The experience of having to be that type of person to be able to play for Celtic means he has probably matured a wee bit more.
    “We get the stats and he is still as quick as he was.
    “He is maybe better at receiving the ball facing the opposition goal rather than with his back to play when he used to play for me as a left or right winger.
    “A lot of the time he would receive the ball with his back to play and would be able to manipulate his way out of certain things.
    “Facing the play and being a wing-back is perfect for him.
    “He can play as a raiding full- back at times. It is great he can play different positions and I see what Niall means.”

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819