+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leeds - Post Mortem

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Having read some of the crap spouted by Villa fans round the forums I would say its a mutual hate now.
    Don't know about other forums but you didn't read it here however the poison darts being spat at Jack were unpleasant to read on your board. Shame as I had a soft spot for Leeds when Kewell and Viduka were running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Sour grapes fella? You got a beating, accept it and move on.

Blah blah blah .........
    Seacroft miserabilism at its finest !

Villa were hapless & Leeds played very well

After 14 years in the wilderness, don't get too far ahead of yourselves your still just Leeds !

To be fair I went on their board to just show how most villa fans are level headed and human, i predicted a hard game and a 1-1 result. Unfortunately, that was not well received!
    After the defeat, I went back on and wished them well for the rest of the season, apart from one guy who showed his weakness by returning the wish, most just ignored it as obviously their little brains could not work it out, you know, not looking for a fight or keyboard sparring! For a new team to the prem, they have done well but like us, benifiting from an indifferent slow start from the usual crop if mega rich clubs.
    Got to say, see Villa, Everton and Leeds in the top 6 is quite refreshing, pity it will not stay that way, or will it?

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    To be fair I went on their board to just show how most villa fans are level headed and human, i predicted a hard game and a 1-1 result. Unfortunately, that was not well received!
    After the defeat, I went back on and wished them well for the rest of the season, apart from one guy who showed his weakness by returning the wish, most just ignored it as obviously their little brains could not work it out, you know, not looking for a fight or keyboard sparring! For a new team to the prem, they have done well but like us, benefiting from an indifferent slow start from the usual crop if mega rich clubs.
    Got to say, see Villa, Everton and Leeds in the top 6 is quite refreshing, pity it will not stay that way, or will it?
    Had to chuckle at this, its not a case of people ignoring your post, most likely it just wasn't read. We have quite a busy forum and many good threads get lost to petty bickering etc, so most likely users tend to read the most recent posts or page of a thread. You may also have missed a post where I stated I normally don't like Smith, I don't normally like his view on things etc but after our match, he was very decent and honest. Fair play to him.

Also I see some of you have taken offence at posts from Leeds members stating they wanted Grealish hurt, non of it is ever serious just more frustration at a seriously talented player having to use the dark arts to gain an advantage. You rightly pick out Bamford for when he dived and got punished, but in my eyes Grealish does similar things, normally at least a couple of times a game. Simple put, with that talent he doesn't need too.

Not sure how this season is going to work out, as the absence of fans is having quite an effect on how teams perform this year, however I would be a little nervous as a villa fan at how the team collapsed after going a goal down, do you have a soft belly? Hopefully its a blip but if not, could be a long season.

Every team has an off day I watched an inefficacious Leeds team struggle V Wolves where Leeds were about as threatening as a baby hedgehog

Got to hand it to Marcelo Bielsa the other evening his team were on fire & they ran out comfortable winners

On Friday Bamford did a very plausible impersonation of Dennis Bergkamp quite how Bielsa manages to get a tune out of a journeyman like Bamford is truly remarkable

Teams collapsing ? apparently you missed the Leeds V Sheffield Wed, Wigan, Cardiff games last term, Sh!t happens to all teams

Firstly I thought Leeds were brilliant and they’ve really impressed me this season !

Heads went down to quick after first goal which is an issue but we did keep battling and on another day should have scored a couple..

My only gripe is smith should have changed something cos Harrison n co were constantly bombarding that left side and cash clearly needed some help !

Hopefully we’ll bounce back against saints although that won’t be easy eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Sour grapes?

Outgunned us did I say?

Ran us ragged did I say?

Wonderfully free-flowing team and excellent manager, did I say?

Cowardly, mouthy gobsh1tes, did I say? Too bl00dy right!!!

No sour grapes here chap, just don’t rate Leeds fans.

Now go and play up your own end, fool.
    Your name "MrT" perchance?? Fool!

ps - Did you see Mop head Mings dragging Bamford about the place whilst already booked? embarrasing the way your lot are happy to batter but whine when they get a bit back, Fool

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Your name "MrT" perchance?? Fool!

ps - Did you see Mop head Mings dragging Bamford about the place whilst already booked? embarrasing the way your lot are happy to batter but whine when they get a bit back, Fool
    Nah, just keeping it clean with a minimal amount of letters, so you’d be able to read it.

No whining from me. I have absolutely no problems with your team's style of play, in fact, I very much admire it. Such skill at such an incredible rate of knots, magnificent. I think that Bielsa is a fantastic coach, maybe the best in the league.

It’s you, the fans, that I don’t rate, never have.

March on, fool.

Before lock-down we went to a safari park

A large lion in one enclosure was furiously licking its @rse

I said to one of the zoo keepers “that's not a pleasant sight” he replied “ I know but he's just eaten a Leeds fan & is desperately trying to git rid of the taste “

Oh that's good 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)