+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EM derby musings

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Spencer Prior was a decent defender to fair as was Vic Moreland
    I always thought Spencer Prior was okay too...Clement lost the plot but not sure he was worse than Pearson.

Personally I always thought Wassall was hard done to but that’s not a popular view.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-10-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Its for the millions he sp***ed on overpriced players who were no good

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Some other great signings

Bjorn Otto Bragstad
    Roy Greenwood
    Derek Hales
    worst Manager that has actually put us where we are today Paul Clement for his waste of money signings
    Eddy we later found out nearly all those signings had the same agent . Also the person who negotiated those deals also had the same agent .

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Eddy we later found out nearly all those signings had the same agent . Also the person who negotiated those deals also had the same agent .
    Are you sure, Mista - Bragstrad signed in 2000, the other 2 about 25 years earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Whenever you feel down and depressed about our players and team, let's think of how well we would do with this starting lineup:

Roy Carroll
    Mick Coop
    Claude Davies
    Spencer Prior
    Jay McEveley
    Eddie Lewis
    Bob Malcolm
    Vic Moreland
    Gary Teale
    Mikkel Beck
    Steve Biggins

Obviously only based on players I've seen turn out for us, and it's hatd to rule out Connor Sammon, so he can go on bench.

Captain? God knows, make it Bob Malcolm as he can bring the drinks.

Manager - too many to pick from, but to bring balance from earlier days I'll opt for John Newman although wee Billy and ****o Paul run him hard
    No such lineup would be valid without the inclusion of the truly out of his depth Mick Coop and I’m glad to see him there

Not a bad player as such but certainly a disastrous signing was Bobby Campbell, who Taylor and Mac trawled from Bradford City, scored 3 in 12 games but was hated by everyone and went back to Bradford at a discount. I recall him spending most of one game f ing and cursing at the Pop side who gave it back with interest

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Are you sure, Mista - Bragstrad signed in 2000, the other 2 about 25 years earlier?
    Geoff crossed wires in talking about the Clements signings In reply to Eddys post about Clements being the worse manager

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    With regard to Rooney, who does he replace in this 1-3-4-3 formation?

Logically there are 3 spots we could play him in. Those were filled up the road by Knight, Shinnie and Waghorn. If they keep on playing as well and keep up the energy they showed against the Red Dogs then I reckon Rooney is looking at a lengthy period of bench warming.

You mean 3-4-3 surely, seeing as thats how formations are described by everyone within the Uk game, pundits, media, managers, coaches, nobody includes the goalie in a formation because he is always in one place, yet you persist in quoting it for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I always thought Spencer Prior was okay too...Clement lost the plot but not sure he was worse than Pearson.

Personally I always thought Wassall was hard done to but that’s not a popular view.
    Not sure why? He did **** all and anyway how do you know he wanted to continue?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    You mean 3-4-3 surely, seeing as thats how formations are described by everyone within the Uk game, pundits, media, managers, coaches, nobody includes the goalie in a formation because he is always in one place, yet you persist in quoting it for some reason?
    OI, stop trying to tell me how I notate formations. Why the hell should I listen to you? For some reason you seem to have thin skin. Recently, rA (I think it was) corrected you on a score you quoted. You mixed up 1-0 and 2-1. You got ratty because he pointed it out. At the time I refrained from comment but you had done the same when I erroneously wrote FA charges when it was EFL charges a couple of days earlier. I make a fuax pas and you can't wait to rub it in. You make one and get all bitchy because someone had the temerity to correct you. The difference being that rA's correction was in a reasonable manner. Yours to me was snidy. Whatever your reasoning is for this thin skinned and ratty approach, I would greatly appreciate it if you refrained in future.

PS - Kelle Roos has asked Cocu to include the keeper in the way he mentions formations.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)