+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They don't want you to know this.

They don't want you to know this.

Medical Journals Refuse To Publish Landmark Danish Mask Study

"The researchers behind a large and unique Danish study on the effect of wearing a mask are having great difficulty in getting their research results published. One of the participating professors in the study admits that the still secret research result could be perceived as ‘controversial’.
    For weeks, the media and researchers around the world have been waiting with increasing impatience for the publication of a large Danish study on the effect – or lack thereof – of wearing a mask in a public space during the corona pandemic.
    Now one of the researchers who has been involved in the study has said that the finished research result has been rejected by at least three of the world’s leading medical journals.
    These include the Lancet, the New England Journal of Medicine and the American Medical Association’s journal JAMA.
    “They all said no,” says the Chief Physician in the Research Department at North Zealand Hospital, Professor Christian Torp-Pedersen.
    However, the Professor does not wish to disclose the journals’ reasoning.
    “We cannot start discussing what they are dissatisfied with, because in that case we must also explain what the study showed – and we do not want to discuss that until it is published,” explains Christian Torp-Pedersen.
    The study was initiated at the end of April, following a grant of DKK 5m [£600,000] from the Salling Foundations [owner of the Salling Group, Denmark’s largest retailer]. It involved as many as 6,000 Danes, half of whom had to wear face masks in public over a long period of time. The other half was selected as the control group.
    A large proportion of the test participants were employees of the Salling Group’s supermarkets: Bilka, Føtex and Netto.
    The study and its size are unique, and the purpose was once and for all to try to clarify the extent to which the use of face masks in public spaces provides protection against coronavirus infections."

No doubting what conclusions this study has come to is there, that wearing masks is a waste of time. So the suppression of the report has already started, I haven't bothered to check, but I can guarantee there will be no mention of this on the BBC, SkyNews, Guardian or any other media website, not today, probably not ever, they don't want us to know, they like us subservient and muzzled.
    Last edited by sinkov; 24-10-2020 at 09:57 AM.

We booked into a local pub/restaurant last night, upon entry I got a regal b-o-ll-ock-ing for not being masked up.

Next up, a lass wearing a face visor and mask took our temperatures and insisted we download a NHS App to test and trace.

Next step, I took hold of the Child Bride's hand and walked straight through the restaurant and jumped back in the car.

I haven't downloaded the app, I won't be downloading it, no one has asked me to yet, but if anywhere insists I do, then I'll be like you BT, straight out the door.

I can't download anything onto my wind up mobile and I am happy with that and life goes on!

Good man BT; this tyranny and hysteria has to stop. We are living if you can call it that in a mad house.

None of us are medical experts, so I am happy to follow their lead. Across the world people are being advised to wear masks. I don't feel competent to argue with them.

What I would say that, having seen a video on how far particles travel in a room after you cough or sneeze, it seems logical to me that wearing a mask will stop the vast majority of these particles spreading in a room.

But the government, or somebody, should educate us on how to use them. Be honest, how many of us change our masks regularly enough? I wear the same one for days on end which, I understand, is not correct. And how should we dispose of them? If they are potentially carrying the virus then simply chucking them in the bin is a bad thing to do?
    They are spending a fortune in advertising hands-face-space, but some of this time should be spent on educating us on how to use PPE correctly.

Something much bigger than this S—t show is coming 59 , there is definitely something happening

This morning I watched a mass of armed police on a video in Spain all marching down the front why ?

I’m no conspiracy merchant but I do think it’s worrying at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    None of us are medical experts, so I am happy to follow their lead. Across the world people are being advised to wear masks. I don't feel competent to argue with them.

What I would say that, having seen a video on how far particles travel in a room after you cough or sneeze, it seems logical to me that wearing a mask will stop the vast majority of these particles spreading in a room.

But the government, or somebody, should educate us on how to use them. Be honest, how many of us change our masks regularly enough? I wear the same one for days on end which, I understand, is not correct. And how should we dispose of them? If they are potentially carrying the virus then simply chucking them in the bin is a bad thing to do?
    They are spending a fortune in advertising hands-face-space, but some of this time should be spent on educating us on how to use PPE correctly.
    Just walked about a mile to the local hardware shop and lost count of the discarded blue masks, littering and lying in the streets.

If these masks are working why are the positive cases rising?

It's all bollox Councillor Jim and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Just walked about a mile to the local hardware shop and lost count of the discarded blue masks, littering and lying in the streets.

If these masks are working why are the positive cases rising?

It's all bollox Councillor Jim and you know it.
    Not bollox according to Nature
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8

Not everyone wears them or wears them correctly. Masks protect others from you more than protecting you, so if others don’t wear them you’re at risk. You’re right on disposal. Put them in the dustbin. The strings need to be cut to avoid animals and birds choking on them.

Cases are rising in part because we are testing many more people and because younger people are ignoring rules partying, because schools and universities are back and more.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Face masks have been around a long time in medical and scientific establishments, I was sure that by early 2020 virtually everything that needed to be known about them and their uses was known, so like you 59, not being a medical expert, I listened carefully to what the experts said about them. There were about 100 daily televised press briefings over a period of 3 months covering April, May and June, I listened to what every medical expert had to say about keeping safe, not once in that lengthy period did any of them advise wearing face masks, not once. Just twice journos asked about them, once to Van Tamm, once to Harries, both of them clearly stated that they did not recommend wearing them, and these are two of the most eminent medical experts in the country.

So after three months of listening to the experts and not finding a single one in all that time who said there was any point wearing one, I was intrigued to find there was some pressure building up to persuade government to recommend they be worn. The clamour for them seemed to be coming from various Facebook and Twitter groups with support especially on the BBC and Guardian website. Boris hadn't been wearing one and kept being asked about it, then one day he appeared in public wearing one, when asked why he muttered something about new evidence, and turned away, without explaining just what this new evidence was. The WHO which had been saying the same as our experts, that they were a waste of time, suddenly changed it's mind, and began to advocate wearing them, I saw just one interview with a WHO official who when asked why this change, said they had come under political pressure to change their advice, he didn't say from where or from whom this pressure came.

So there we are 59, like you, I was happy to follow the lead of the medical experts, but their expert opinion and advice suddenly, almost overnight, was rubbished and overturned, and we were forced to wear them, for reasons I have yet to comprehend. And now another report by medical experts is being suppressed, no doubt because it confirms the original expert advice on face masks.

You tell me what's going on 59, because I have no idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)