+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: T’other board

The mods on TheCumbrians say they haven't banned Barry. If that's true then it means something in the forum software (EasyDiscuss) is causing it to randomly delete users and all of their posts.It strains credulity to believe any forum moderator would be aware of such a critical bug in their system but not really care about fixing it. Wouldn't they be worried in case this mysterious bug starts deleting more users? They pay for EasyDiscuss support, have they raised a support query? Have they asked for their money back if the software is this shoddy? It looks very suspicious and I think people will likely draw their own conclusions about whats happened.

I don't like Barry and frankly he's broken the rules enough times that if the mods just said they were permanently banning him I would completely understand. But I feel it's important to defend him on this occasion. The suggestion of outside interference in how the forum is run is very concerning. Does this mean that if I ask a difficult question at the next CUSG and some people don't like that, my account might be deleted?

Mullen I think you were right to question this, well done.
    Last edited by Kessler; 24-10-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Goodness me Griff whats going on here, sounds like backstage politics to me.

Acido mate, it’s about what’s happening on the “main” Carlisle board where something is stopping someone posting and his posts have disappeared.

Barry’s a Marmite character. It’s a Voltairian moment; we might not agree with what he’s saying, but we defend his right to say it. Some disagree but I don’t follow that way of thinking myself.

Kessler’ I understand what you’re saying about the software but I can’t imagine software removing one person without affecting others. What strange sort of algorithms would be in play there. I’m almost convinced that there is a human involvement here which is being denied.

They are like the gestapo.

When I posted a copy of their reply to Mullen it was deleted. They said:-

"Sorry but you are not allowed to reply to this discussion because you already get banned by admin".

Fascist b*stards.

Quote Originally Posted by mullen103 View Post
    Hi Richard,

The CUSG Meeting Thread was locked as we said yesterday that continually posting on the same issue would lead to this.

When we lock a Thread we as Admin can still see it, normal users can’t. I’ve actually enquired to see if it can be made visible for all even though it’s locked.

Restarting the conversation in a new Thread will be deleted.

Regards,

Admin.
    At least they have admitted they are not "normal".

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Acido mate, it’s about what’s happening on the “main” Carlisle board where something is stopping someone posting and his posts have disappeared.
    Barry’s a Marmite character. It’s a Voltairian moment; we might not agree with what he’s saying, but we defend his right to say it. Some disagree but I don’t follow that way of thinking myself...
    Ahh I see Griff, and tahh for explaining that.
    Soz for being a bit nosey, but Ive seen this argument a lot on Footymad over the years. Who should be banned, and which comments should be edited/deleted, and who has got the right to do such a thing etc!.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    They are like the gestapo.

When I posted a copy of their reply to Mullen it was deleted. They said:-

"Sorry but you are not allowed to reply to this discussion because you already get banned by admin".

Fascist b*stards.
    "because you already get banned by admin".

Without wishing to be disrespectful to the English Language abilities of "admin", it would probably have been more accurate if I had said:-

Thick fascist b*stards.

For the record, the only posts that I’ve removed and folk I’ve banned have been folk selling ********, bathrooms and the like. I’m the only Editor and Mod and I leave it alone.

The problem I have with all of this is...

In May ish the trust withdrew Barrys membership due to racist comments on the messageboard. Barry refused to go to a diversity meeting ???? so the trust withdrew his membership.

I don’t agree with Barry’s comments either on this subject, that’s not my issue, and it’s the trusts decision whether to withdraw a member. However do the trust know all their members racist, political views?

I then heard directly from a cusg member that via a cusg meeting before/after a group member wished Barry to be blocked from the messageboard on diversity issues and this was pressured by other groups and the football club?????

I couldn’t confirm that, but Barry hasn’t posted on there for a while so maybe some truth in it. Last week I wanted to read something on the board that Barry had posted and I couldn’t find it. I tweeted Barry and he said he can’t log in and all his posts had gone. I got comms he sent he’s been In Touch with the messsgeboard had been faffed about.

When I posted on the board I got more messages from someone else in cusg confirming the exact same thing that the messageboard has pressure to ban him.

The mods said he wasn’t banned but when I replied yesterday asking the difference between blocked and banned the thread was locked. When I created a new thread with this it was deleted.

I’m not trying to trip the mods up, I just want to know what’s gone on. Their actions don’t suggest that there’s no truth in what I’ve been told, it’s far too odd for the software to just target NS posts only and block him.

If there’s truth in outside influence on the board (not saying either way) and they have acted upon it is worrying for the integrity of it.

Posted on the other forum in case it gets deleted from there.

I’ve seen Barry’s letter from the trust regarding this, I can’t post because of legal issues but what I can post is....

The trust say they withdrew his membership because of posts on here, with his user name Northernsoul.

The trust say the posts have been deleted.

The trust reported the posts to the police. No action was taken by the police.

To get back on the subject of diversity, I agree Barry’s posts I don’t agree with at all. However the post in question was general and not directed at anyone.

GDPR laws have definitely been broken. Do the trust know all our usernames? Does it mean that we should be anonymous on here in case the trust take legal action?

But more importantly, is this the trusts job to do this?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)