+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: T’other board

The fact that I am defending Barry should speak volumes as anyone who is active on the other board will know that we pretty much hate each other. I wouldn't defend him unless I felt it was absolutely necessary. The merest suggestion of outside interference in the messageboard is concerning. We should be free to express our opinions as long as we don't break the rules of the forum. The suggestion that there could be outside interference in the running of the board is quite concerning.

When the moderators of thecumbrians.net decided that the message board should be represented by its moderators joining the CUSG and thus regularly meeting the likes of the 1921 Chief Executive I considered this to be a Crossing Of The Rubicon. This course of action indicates that the moderators wanted to have a minor place in the halls of power, even if it trimmed their independence.

These moderators have gradually lost their independence. They can no longer view matters in an unbiased way. Ever so gradually, starting slowly with lightweight issues, the club's representative can chop their b­ollocks off.

Quote Originally Posted by _Blow_Job_ View Post
    When the moderators of thecumbrians.net decided that the message board should be represented by its moderators joining the CUSG and thus regularly meeting the likes of the 1921 Chief Executive I considered this to be a Crossing Of The Rubicon. This course of action indicates that the moderators wanted to have a minor place in the halls of power, even if it trimmed their independence.

These moderators have gradually lost their independence. They can no longer view matters in an unbiased way. Ever so gradually, starting slowly with lightweight issues, the club's representative can chop their b*ollocks off.
    Agreed BJ. Lost their independence and, on this occasion, ability to be honest.

"Power tends to corrupt;absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton.

Quote Originally Posted by _Blow_Job_ View Post

These moderators have gradually lost their independence. They can no longer view matters in an unbiased way. Ever so gradually, starting slowly with lightweight issues, the club's representative can chop their b*ollocks off.
    By itself there's nothing wrong with them regularly meeting the CUSG. It could be a good thing because allows greater communication between fans and the club. But if it affects their independence, that's a problem. Neither the club or the supporters group should have any influence or say in which users are allowed to post on the forum.

I went to the very first meeting but decided to end it there because it interfered with the independence of this board.

Quite

Why was that Griff?

You may have spotted that this is quite an informal board with no-one bothered about user-names, subjects, language etc. The CUSG format was obviously formal. I could have coped with that if it was supporters groups only, but with the Club on board overseeing everything I just had doubts about the whole thing. I didn’t want to be watching my mouth all the time, or to have the feeling that big brother was watching. This is a site belonging to Digital Sports Group and they give me no grief at all, but all that could change with a few complaints. I was better out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    You may have spotted that this is quite an informal board with no-one bothered about user-names, subjects, language etc. The CUSG format was obviously formal. I could have coped with that if it was supporters groups only, but with the Club on board overseeing everything I just had doubts about the whole thing. I didn’t want to be watching my mouth all the time, or to have the feeling that big brother was watching. This is a site belonging to Digital Sports Group and they give me no grief at all, but all that could change with a few complaints. I was better out of it.
    I never understood why some members on TCN wanted to know peoples real names. And according to some, CUOSC were like this as well as they were reluctant to answer questions if they didn't know the person asking them. Why does it matter? If I'm asking a question it's not like the answer will be different than if Mullen asked it. The answer will be the same regardless of who asks it so why on earth would they need to know peoples names? It all seemed very odd to me.
    Last edited by Kessler; 29-10-2020 at 01:19 AM.

The other board has never been independent. When it was started it was in bed 100% with the trust.

Too many cooks spoil the broth, and although I know a couple of the admins are neutral and trustworthy, but I also know some admins have (or had) conflicted interests.

However, speaking of Barry, he's not the most tech savvy bloke in the world. It wouldn't surprise me if he's deleted his own account accidentally...

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)