+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: T’other board

After the forum revamp there was a number of issues with EasyDiscuss. When you clicked onto a thread the posts didn't appear, or you got a message saying you weren't allowed to see them. Most of the time there was a workaround, with the posts not appearing you clicked "oldest" and then "latest" and then it would show all posts. Simple enough, but not exactly convenient to have to do that all the time and doesn't look very professional. I suggested Discourse as an alternative, free to use and there's a big enough community you would get free support as well. One of the reasons the mods rejected that was because they were paying for EasyDiscuss support and that gave them more of a guarantee of getting help when they needed it. And yet when there is supposedly a critical bug in the EasyDiscuss software, that support is nowhere to be seen?

You can’t delete your own posts.
    Mods have said they never deleted them.

More/less Said it’s not a bug.

Therefore the only other feasible thing is someone hacked into the back end database and removed the posts.

If they say no hacking attempt, then they must know what’s happened.

Question needs asked.

Quite

Quite amusing to see some posters on the not to be Trusted site asking Mullen to produce evidence to justify his comments.

The only people who should be providing evidence are the Administrator's on the other site.

Who deleted NS's posts?

Why were the posts deleted?

It is their site. It should be simple for them to provide the evidence.

They’ve gone very quiet.

Is Bob Hatton 10 a pseudonym of one of the Administrators?

Seems remarkably keen to defend their position.

Sad to see someone steal/defame a Username from this Board.

The original BOBATTON was a regular on this site and remains one of CUFC's greatest fans.

I find it quite funny those people reading the thread complaining about it and it’s boring etc etc and still comment saying the same thing hours later.

The whole things got people’s backs up don’t know who to trust, who is telling the truth or who has agendas.

Bob doesn’t like me, does he 184 posts between 2015 and October 2020, most of those berating Barry. Now his at me for everything and doesn’t comment on much else. Mmmm

I asked the trust if they got a member banned via email, they said they couldn’t comment due to GDPR issues and wouldn’t answer any general questions.

Mods on there, just hoping it goes away.

I’ve got evidence, posted and got deleted. I can’t post now for obvious reasons.

This messsgeboard now is far easier to use than the other one.

I do prefer the other messsgeboard and it’s obviously far busier but I’m worried about it and there’s no denying the software on this board now is far better.

For a while, I also preferred the other Message Board.

But that was before the Moderators became unduly influenced by the Trust.

They (or at least one or two of them) now seem to be struggling with their consciences.

Quote Originally Posted by mullen103 View Post
    I asked the trust if they got a member banned via email, they said they couldn’t comment due to GDPR issues and wouldn’t answer any general questions.
    If you asked them have they ever asked the mods to ban any user, I don't see how there would be GDPR issues as that's not asking for any personal information? Happy to be corrected on that, but I get the feeling they are just blagging by saying the magic word GDPR and hoping you'll go away. Might be worth getting in touch and asking them to clarify which part of GDPR?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)