+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: T’other board

The number of administrators could explain the confused editorial policy.

On Saturday the thread was closed and we were told that no-one was allowed to discuss the deletion of NS's historic posts.

However by Sunday evening (presumably different Moderator) it seemed to be open for discussion again.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    However, speaking of Barry, he's not the most tech savvy bloke in the world. It wouldn't surprise me if he's deleted his own account accidentally...
    I don't think it's possible to delete your own account so how would that happen?

I do not think it is a software bug,you could make it seem that way or even make one up.When admin or mods say `we are looking into it`there is the get out `WE`so not one person is seen to be the culprit and is the biggest get out clause for any admin, ask Trump,fake news folks.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpit View Post
    I do not think it is a software bug,you could make it seem that way or even make one up.When admin or mods say `we are looking into it`there is the get out `WE`so not one person is seen to be the culprit and is the biggest get out clause for any admin, ask Trump,fake news folks.
    I agree completely. The mods said it wasn’t them, therefore it must be a software issue and they’ll look into it. If there was a software issue on here I’d expect DSG to sort it out within 24 hours, or what’s the point? So, it’s NOT a software issue. My instinct tells me that one of the mods did it unilaterally and they are all now covering their arses.

The more it goes on the more I believe a mod deleted it.

Barry said he lost access to his account and the posts went missing the same day he got the trusts letter.

Coincidence

In general the other boards gone downhill quite quickly.

Maybe as a result of the change but a lot of posters have gone.

Now you can’t have a good discussion without anyone taking offence personally. Vitrol if you don’t have the same views.

Kes is right, it’s going the same way as the club.

I think with a bit more publication this one may take off again. The other ones lost respect and the softwares crap, for me. The NS issue and lack of investigation/truth has left a sour taste.

Presumably, in reality, there is no need for the administrators to investigate, as they already know what happened.

Of course they do. This investigation into the software is just a smokescreen and a delaying tactic.

Interesting to see quite a few posters defending the Moderators over this.

To me they are missing the point.

Despite their initial denial, it seems pretty obvious that NS's posts were deleted by a Moderator.

Who wants to post on a Forum where the Moderators can't be trusted to tell the truth?

Some folk want a quiet life without having to think about any possible unpleasantness, so they want Mullen and Kessler to pack it in. If they do, I’ll wade in again because this shouldn’t be allowed to go away. If I were paying for this board and the software had deleted a person’s posts and preventing him posting I’d have done three things:

1. looked to the heavens in disbelief, because why only one person?
    2. Apologised to the person in question and set up a replacement account
    3. Immediately contact the site administrators (or whoever runs the software stuff) requesting urgent explanations, the restoration of a working board, an undertaking that no other board members could be treated this way in future and a partial refund on their fees. I say this because the mods freely admit to other recent minor issues so this big one on top would be too much for me. I’d want compensation.

But think on. Imagine the intelligence of this software! It’s decided, on its own, to get rid of the biggest thorn in their sides and taken his posts down at the same time. How good is message-board software these days.

I have to go now, there’s a flying pig passing by.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)