+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Same old half time syndrome again and again and again

Probably nicked a point there to be honest and Walton kept us in the game in the second half .

Much to do for the new HC .

Once we get the first win under our belts hopefully we can kick on .

Hopefully is the operative word of course .

3 centre back don’t work for me, it’s all a bit overcrowded.

Good point. As i said earlier we set ourselves up forra point and got that. The limit of our ambition really with this squad Conway (arseoyle) has dealt us.

Out of relegation zone.

A bit iffy towards end with Millwall hitting pooast but that point could keep us up next May.

Another season of struggle ahead.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-10-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    3 centre back don’t work for me, it’s all a bit overcrowded.
    I always think that if any team plays with three centre backs then you have problems because you can't trust em to play with the two .

It's a sticking plaster in reality , stuck with it doggydo because Halme ain't an improvement on any of em .

Personally the two you'd go with would be Sollbauer and Hellik but you'd want two proper defending full backs either side and a solid DM in front of em , possibly two .

Wycombe 7 straight defeats .

Wendy back to back home defeats .

Tinpot's starting to struggle .

Coventry also .

This isn't the task it was last season by any means to stay up .

Absolutely no excuses if we go darn this season in my opinion .

People on here were predicting mid table/ flirting wi play offs Animal befooar season started .

Expectations seem to ev lowered clutching at the hopeful straws of others failing more than us to avoid relegation.

4 points from 21 is not great, however it is dressed up.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 24-10-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    People on here were predicting mid table/ flirting wi play offs Animal befooar season started .

Expectations seem to ev lowered clutching at the hopeful straws of others failing more than us to avoid relegation.
    My target was 55 points SB at the start of the season which would normally have you 17th or there abouts .

Absolutely no way is the squad good enough for much more than that .

The club's relied on three worst teams in order to survive in the championship all but twice since 2006 .

Robins and Hecky had us mid table and no bugga else .

It's nowt new .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    My target was 55 points SB at the start of the season which would normally have you 17th or there abouts .

Absolutely no way is the squad good enough for much more than that .

The club's relied on three worst teams in order to survive in the championship all but twice since 2006 .

Robins and Hecky had us mid table and no bugga else .

It's nowt new .
    I agree. That's why I'm surprised people were sucked in by the spin that the transfer window was wonderful and relegation worries were a thing of the past.
    According to Claw Millwall hit our woodwork three times in the second heyf--will the Official Report say that ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I agree. That's why I'm surprised people were sucked in by the spin that the transfer window was wonderful and relegation worries were a thing of the past.
    According to Claw Millwall hit our woodwork three times in the second heyf--will the Official Report say that ?
    I still maintain the league's easier than last season SB , the three that's come up should be going straight back down in my opinion .

None of em a patch last season as ourselves and Luton were in league one and we were both fortunate to survive , play off winner Charlton didn't .

We desperately need a workable striker to come in and gives us a bit more up top , if that happens we can work with the limitations within the rest of the group .

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast