+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Millwall v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    For sure we need a win acido , I wouldn't go as far as to say desperately but ....
    Get a win under our belts on Tuesday night and the lift will benefit everyone .
    Well we doubled Q.P.Rangers last season didn't we, and yes I still can't believe we actually won there at Loftus Road!.
    Chaplin hit a hat trick in the 5-3 home win, so a bit more of the same against them this midweek would be luvvly jubbly.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    People on here were predicting mid table/ flirting wi play offs Animal befooar season started .

Expectations seem to ev lowered clutching at the hopeful straws of others failing more than us to avoid relegation.

4 points from 21 is not great, however it is dressed up.
    I’ll still stick with 10th.

Bristol -- we gorraway wia 90+ 12 equaliser

Stoke--incorrect red card took them darn to 10 men, cuddant tek advantage

Millwall-- got hammered second heyf wi them hitting woodwork three times

Threw away the lead in all three games. Good teams don't do that.

We are not a team of Championship quality--that's why we are allus at bottom.

If Val izza magician he will do summat wi this lot burra think al be eyting tripe come May. A saw that Sowerby lad gerrin an own goal burra dunt know him. Sowerby is an upland area of old cottages weaving wool upstairs in pieces domestically which were taken down to Halifax Piece Hall to be sold. Sowerby Bridge is down in the valley of the Calder where factories were built to weave textiles on an industrial scale in mills. I live in a poor mill workers terrace built near the mills.
    “Peace ‘all “ what SB predicts for us annually....

I thought I was the eternal pessimist on here Jules lol, but SB is the absolute leader there no doubt. He could teach us all a thing or three couldnt he!!.

Could be worse Pass , we could have Tom Kennedy at left back , Scott Wiseman on the other flank and Mvoto in the middle of the back four .

We could also put Chris O'Grady out on the left wing .

It's not great right now but ................. !!!
    them were the days. Stephen Dawson in midfield tearing it up n all

As tha sez, it's always bin same. 11/12 season was Crynes decision to go early with FFP then put Robins on gardening leave. Hill and Flicker appointed, a host of league 2 players signed, the likes of Jason Shackell and Paul Mcshane wo in our defence the previous season to be replaced by Jim McNulty and Rob Edwards.

The writing was definitely on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    “Peace ‘all “ what SB predicts for us annually....
    And in the Championship av been reyt

Thoughts ........
    We didn’t have a forward line.
    Or should that be - we didn’t have the right mix of a forward line.
    Consequently Chaplin was made to look a poor player - he’s NOT a target man - and he’s NOT a wide player.
    As with all our strikers - they are equipped to play alongside a target man.

We have a good defence.
    We have a good midfield.
    We don’t have a forward line - because all the strikers are of a similar type. If we don’t sort this out then there is a risk of relegation.

As for the rest of the players:
    James - is a player that the team has been crying out for for a long long time - an experienced midfielder.
    Mads - another mistake another goal conceded.
    Mowatt - that goal - WOW!!! - we all know he has this in his locker - so why isn’t he showing this regularly !?!?!
    Subbed and I can see him spending more time on the bench as the midfield gets stronger.
    Walton - 3 (not 2 as what was reported) world class saves that kept us in the game - as the strikers failed again to make an impact.

Could be worse Pass , we could have Tom Kennedy at left back , Scott Wiseman on the other flank and Mvoto in the middle of the back four .

We could also put Chris O'Grady out on the left wing .

It's not great right now but ................. !!!
    The good days and players to enjoy are soon forgotten it seems
    promotions, cup runs, Millennium Stadium, three Wembley appearances, an FA Cup Semi Final, Hourihane, Hammill, Stones,Pinnock

As I said it is irrelevant to this season what happened under Cryne. Time to let go and look forward to the joys to come under Conway (arseoyle)
    Last edited by SBRed48; 25-10-2020 at 09:17 AM.

And in the Championship av been reyt
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    How does this relate to the starting line up ???
    That is to say - the initial post.
    Stop frettin thissen Nudge.

Thi ban on BBS will sooin be ovva and this board will be a distant memory

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast