+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Good point that today, Millwall will be in the top aif this season, possible play off contenders. It's always tough in this division as we know and things can change. Personally am not writing anyone off yet as its early days. The promoted teams will gradually find their feet I would imagine. Remember we went 17 league matches and almost 4 months without a win after beating Fulham on the opening day last season.

I watched Coventry and they ain't a bad side, a couple of very dangerous players within their ranks. Av not sin Rotherham or Wycombe yit so cant comment. Initial signs suggest that it will be another struggle for us but I'm not so sure. I saw enough attacking quality at Stoke to encourage me. However, our defence does look suspect. Lapses in concentration ev cost us a few goals already this season, the kind of crap that was going off this time last year. It has to stop. I'd be delighted with a clean sheet just now.

We're a 'nearly team' under this model. I still maintain that selling Brown was a serious boo bah and this is the quality we been missing up front in the early part of this season. Freiser will need time to settle in obviously but this is classic Barnsley operating in the championship, one step forward and then 2 back initially. Jacob Brown is now what I'd call Championship ready and was an integral part of our good run from when Struber took over. He's sold and replaced by Freiser who obviously isn't Championship ready and will need time to settle.

As a club we're still stood in the same puddle as we were this time last year which is so disappointing after that miraculous escape. It is annoying why it's like that and shows a lack of ambition as well as the need to gradually improve our league position. Weear as tha keeps thi Jacob Browns, adds to the squad with the right quality and genuine progress can be made. Wiss nivver establish owt with our sell sell sell tinpot mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well it is if you adopt a position of no ambition because of the present owners .

Cryne as a less wealthy man still had opportunities to cement us at this level and chose not to .

The present owners are more wealthy but also choose not to .

The point I'm trying to make is that nowts really changed but tha could point the finger more at Cryne in my opinion because twice he had a good coach and a workable team at this level where as the present owners have yet to have a good championship season behind them .

Tha could have just as easily not bothered renewing thi season ticket under Cryne as now SB because it's just the same as it ever was .

Not trying to fall out by the way I'm just saying as I see it .

There's nowt under Cryne's ownership that would have this club any further forrad than it is today .
    How does this relate to the starting line up ???
    That is to say - the initial post.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed Nudger [of course you have] that threads evolve

Because topics go off in a tangent Nudge something I'm sure you'd agree you do yourself having read your postings both on here and bbs over the years .

Nothing wrong on here in having an " impact poster " but please do me the favour of not being hypocritical .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Good point that today, Millwall will be in the top aif this season, possible play off contenders. It's always tough in this division as we know and things can change. Personally am not writing anyone off yet as its early days. The promoted teams will gradually find their feet I would imagine. Remember we went 17 league matches and almost 4 months without a win after beating Fulham on the opening day last season.

I watched Coventry and they ain't a bad side, a couple of very dangerous players within their ranks. Av not sin Rotherham or Wycombe yit so cant comment. Initial signs suggest that it will be another struggle for us but I'm not so sure. I saw enough attacking quality at Stoke to encourage me. However, our defence does look suspect. Lapses in concentration ev cost us a few goals already this season, the kind of crap that was going off this time last year. It has to stop. I'd be delighted with a clean sheet just now.

We're a 'nearly team' under this model. I still maintain that selling Brown was a serious boo bah and this is the quality we been missing up front in the early part of this season. Freiser will need time to settle in obviously but this is classic Barnsley operating in the championship, one step forward and then 2 back initially. Jacob Brown is now what I'd call Championship ready and was an integral part of our good run from when Struber took over. He's sold and replaced by Freiser who obviously isn't Championship ready and will need time to settle.

As a club we're still stood in the same puddle as we were this time last year which is so disappointing after that miraculous escape. It is annoying why it's like that and shows a lack of ambition as well as the need to gradually improve our league position. Weear as tha keeps thi Jacob Browns, adds to the squad with the right quality and genuine progress can be made. Wiss nivver establish owt with our sell sell sell tinpot mentality.
    Could be worse Pass , we could have Tom Kennedy at left back , Scott Wiseman on the other flank and Mvoto in the middle of the back four .

We could also put Chris O'Grady out on the left wing .

It's not great right now but ................. !!!

Ok lets say it again, we would have taken a point beforehand etc, and Jack has really kept us in it in that 2nd half. And we're out of the drop zone again (for now!).
    Who would have accepted 3 points from 3 score draws this week, and we led in all 3 games ?.
    There are some so called shoots of recovery that are starting to emerge here, but it goes without saying that we need some wins on the board soon!.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Because topics go off in a tangent Nudge something I'm sure you'd agree you do yourself having read your postings both on here and bbs over the years .

Nothing wrong on here in having an " impact poster " but please do me the favour of not being hypocritical .
    There seems to be a certain reluctancy to start a new thread.
    Why ?
    I was sort of accused of being a bit extravagant last week for starting a thread about a game when there was already a thread about that game - even tho the first 10 posts I read in that post were relating to team selection - which didn’t relate to what I was wanting to comments about after the game had finished.

The point is - of course we don’t want repetitive posts - but if you’ve something to say then IMO it dosen't matter if you join in with a discussion or that you start a new thread.
    If it’s a bit off kilter of the original post - then start a new thread.
    IMO - the more posts that are started - the more interest that will be generated.

Thinking about it - I should be starting a new thread about this shouldn’t I.

That for me is the worst part about Bbs, its an absolute mess of a board on match days because almost everybody wants to start a new thread. How many times do the usual posters start a new thread if theres a goal or a penalty or a red card or a near miss etc.
    Surely ALL of this stuff can and should be covered in a single 'Match thread' ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ok lets say it again, we would have taken a point beforehand etc, and Jack has really kept us in it in that 2nd half. And we're out of the drop zone again (for now!).
    Who would have accepted 3 points from 3 score draws this week, and we led in all 3 games ?.
    There are some so called shoots of recovery that are starting to emerge here, but it goes without saying that we need some wins on the board soon!.
    For sure we need a win acido , I wouldn't go as far as to say desperately but ....

Get a win under our belts on Tuesday night and the lift will benefit everyone .

There seems to be a certain reluctancy to start a new thread.
    Why ?
    I was sort of accused of being a bit extravagant last week for starting a thread about a game when there was already a thread about that game - even tho the first 10 posts I read in that post were relating to team selection - which didn’t relate to what I was wanting to comments about after the game had finished.

The point is - of course we don’t want repetitive posts - but if you’ve something to say then IMO it dosen't matter if you join in with a discussion or that you start a new thread.
    If it’s a bit off kilter of the original post - then start a new thread.
    IMO - the more posts that are started - the more interest that will be generated.

Thinking about it - I should be starting a new thread about this shouldn’t I.
    A thread is only as good as the interest it attracts Nudger .

But knock yourself out anyway .

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast