+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's game

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    Delighted with the win but I'm getting increasingly frustrated at having to watch on TV. I know there's nothing we can do about it until the virus is tamed but to be so detached from the action is a pain.

Rant over.
    What's peoples experience of the streaming service? Mine's is pretty poor TBH. I've watched but 1 game where I viewed 90 mins without interruption to the broadcast. Yesterday, there were 4, maybe 5 'break ups'. I certainly didn't pay to look at a photo of a bird sitting on a couch using a laptop !! Time for The Society and A Burrows to have serious words with whomever the provider is. Not good enough !!

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    What's peoples experience of the streaming service? Mine's is pretty poor TBH. I've watched but 1 game where I viewed 90 mins without interruption to the broadcast. Yesterday, there were 4, maybe 5 'break ups'. I certainly didn't pay to look at a photo of a bird sitting on a couch using a laptop !! Time for The Society and A Burrows to have serious words with whomever the provider is. Not good enough !!
    Total agree sieb 1886 with everything you have said. I have stated for a long time that you have to be seen to be professional off the park as well as on it. The quality or I should say lack of quality of our broadcast of games is embarrassing. The fact it is included in the deal for my season ticket is why I watch it. I can totally sympathise with any of our fans who hare paying for this for each home game. Club have to come out and apologise for the poor service and rectify it ASAP

I'm sure the club are as frustrated with the breaks in transmission as the rest of us and they'll be asking the providers about it.

We're at Livingston next and they seem to be charging away fans £20 for their stream. Now that's just a rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Total agree sieb 1886 with everything you have said. I have stated for a long time that you have to be seen to be professional off the park as well as on it. The quality or I should say lack of quality of our broadcast of games is embarrassing. The fact it is included in the deal for my season ticket is why I watch it. I can totally sympathise with any of our fans who hare paying for this for each home game. Club have to come out and apologise for the poor service and rectify it ASAP

I have sympathy for the club on this one....when they did it 'in house' for just a handful exiles it was actually pretty solid. They obviously felt they needed a better provider for everyone so contracted out and have been let down.

From my pov, the value for money I get is still excellent even with a dodgy product - it works out around 4 quid a game so no complaints.

But if they're charging more than a tenner a time it's a bit iffy. I don't mind the lack of intro/half-time/analysis the way Hibs, Aberdeen (and perhaps others) have done but the streaming has to be near to perfect and they can't have a babbling idiot as co-commentator.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    I have sympathy for the club on this one....when they did it 'in house' for just a handful exiles it was actually pretty solid. They obviously felt they needed a better provider for everyone so contracted out and have been let down.

From my pov, the value for money I get is still excellent even with a dodgy product - it works out around 4 quid a game so no complaints.

But if they're charging more than a tenner a time it's a bit iffy. I don't mind the lack of intro/half-time/analysis the way Hibs, Aberdeen (and perhaps others) have done but the streaming has to be near to perfect and they can't have a babbling idiot as co-commentator.
    Agree a hunner per cent on the co-commentator comment. But, I can't support the vibe we've just been 'let down' by the provider. Surely to God, our Board wrote something into the deal that if served up a 5hit fest service online we're given some sort of recompense. By 'we', I don't mean us subscribers, I mean the Club. What the Club then does is up to them. But given how much 'we've' supported and paid ST's this year ...

No idea...I imagine most business deals include some margin for error before significant penalties/reductions kick in? To know whether or not we've fallen below the acceptable level of service you'd need to see the contract.

Find it totally strange at a time our club needs the fans to get totally behind them in every way, no one from the club has apologised to the fans for the totally unacceptable quality or should I say lack of quality of the streaming of Saturday’s game. Come on MFC costs nothing to say sorry

I have experience live-streaming sport events in the USA to wider audiences, and manage to do it all by myself.
    I know the ins and outs of doing it and sadly the failures of this new streaming service was all to be seen from the start.
    Having been a real season ticket holder in the past I was more than happy to support the club in past seasons with the online season ticket. Until this season.
    There really is no good excuse as far as I can see.

Spot on FPUSA. If there is a reason for the pi55-poor offering surely to God we're old and ugly enough to be told what that is ... but more importantly, what the fekk's being done about it?! Hopefully our 'soshal mejia' guy (or girl), reads these posts and we can see something coming out on the Club website.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    I'm sure the club are as frustrated with the breaks in transmission as the rest of us and they'll be asking the providers about it.

We're at Livingston next and they seem to be charging away fans £20 for their stream. Now that's just a rip off.
    Yes it is. 1 000 subscribers at even £15.00 is better than 700 at £20.00. I assume that somebody at Livi has done the economics and decided to go with £20.00. For the first time this season, I'm not signing up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)