+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Deserved summat today but we have to have a plan B when we are losing. Debatably offside for first goal. Couldn't do much about second. If they are top of the league
    we aint much to fear in this league. Ref wa nk.

Piggys next in a must win game for us. The last time we beat em at home in the league was in 1979 with a dick habbin goal. Its strange how I can still remember it so clearly 40 us years on! I must have known it would be yonks before we would do it again.

Also not forgetting they traditionally score in the last min against us at home.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 24-10-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Can only go on what I read on here and listened to on the radio:
    Goalie and defence - good - organised
    Midfield - organised, decent ability for this level, can create chances
    Forward (s) - willing but lack of quality is evident
    Reading can pay the £££'s and that gets you goals from nowhere and quality even if you're not playing that well.
    The connondrum for Warne is getting the balance between being organised and keeping us from being overrun in midfield, and going for it and trying to score the goals that will keep us in the league. The lack of quality up front will be our achillies heel I fear.
    A view of the table and you can see that the teams who went up are sinking to the bottom alongside Barnsley and Wednesday. We just need to finish above 3 of them!
    We really must win on Wednesday. C'mon Millers!

Welovebooth,
    Many of us want that but neither are a "big forrud" so it aint gona happen

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Deserved summat today but we have to have a plan B when we are losing. Debatably offside for first goal. Couldn't do much about second. If they are top of the league
    we aint much to fear in this league. Ref wa nk.

Piggys next in a must win game for us. The last time we beat em at home in the league was in 1979 with a dick habbin goal. Its strange how I can still remember it so clearly 40 us years on! I must have known it would be yonks before we would do it again.

Also not forgetting they traditionally score in the last mi against us at home.
    Roly - Nil Point from that game, piigies are far more savy than our fitness coach

Ironically we deserved something from both the Norwich game, and today, but got nothing, and we could and should have been buried at forest but got a point, it's a funny old game.
    All of their goals today were so avoidable and even accepting the great finish for the second goal, how the F**k does any striker get that amount of room in a crowded penalty area?
    We need one of our strikers to start getting their act together, because make no mistake we are creating some really good chances as well as decent half chances and as we all know goals change games, just ask reading today.
    Yes frustrating but not the end of the world so bring on Wednesday....ironically on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by gazmadmiller View Post
    Roly - Nil Point from that game, piigies are far more savy than our fitness coach
    I always fear the worst when we play em at home Gaz. Much more confident at the sty. Keep Bannon quiet and we might have a chance,

The best team for much of the game and that includes long spells in the 2nd half..............however...............did it ever feel at any point that we had a goal in us? In fact you need at least 2 or 3 goals more often than not in this ,or any league, to win games. This is not figure skating where a panel of judges hold cards with numbers on up at the end and you tot them up!

Put it this way top of the table reading 1-0 up in the 50th minute was taking there time on goal kicks etc and the reading commentators agreed with it

Always a problem when they score the first goal. What do we do? Keep the shape and lose 1-0 or go for it, as we did. Problem is we have lost the natural width and when we lose possession they go straight through us. At this level this is what happens because most of the teams have better natural finishers than we have.
    Bear in mind though that this our first away defeat. Got to accept this at this level. No time for dwelling on it. Onto Wednesday Wednesday.

Perhaps we should be looking at an unemployed cship striker who might lower his salary demands.
    Someone with guile, nous and experience at this level.
    Who?
    I,ll leave that to Rob Scott as he knows more than i

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast