+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading Post Match Thoughts

Reading Post Match Thoughts

Well our first multi goal defeat. Reading are not everyone's tip for promotion but they aren't currently top of the table for nothing. A shake up in the starting line up (as often requested on MM), more possession (as often requested on MM) and a brave attempt to go three up top (as often requested on MM) to salvage something all came to nowt. Worrying that we have now gone 6 without a win and have slowly slipped to the brink of the relegation zone.

Thoughts?

Didn’t see this game but ffs three strikers on pitch and can’t score, what the hell is that about.
    Sounded like we played well though
    Some good players on pitch but maybe wrong formation? Why have three wingers and put Wiles on wing?
    18th
    Yellow for wood and Icky

Warne out he hasn’t got a clue.

Best we have played all season. Can't score we can't win.. barlaser had good first half. Didn't get a kick 2nd half

Blackman is getting on my nerves having his hands up in air while a penalty is being taken

Poor quality in midfield in second half

Not enough chances taken

And that first goal was offside

Negative team selection

Poor defending

Didn't take our chances

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Blackman is getting on my nerves having his hands up in air while a penalty is being taken

Poor quality in midfield in second half

Not enough chances taken

And that first goal was offside
    As far as I'm concerned he can put his hands up his ar.se as long as he saves penalties. He needs to get in plenty of practice because he'll face a lot more before the end of the season

All doom. And gloom

Played some very good football for a lot of the game.

On that performance we have more chance of staying up than Reading have off been promoted.

Unless we unearth a hidden gem a championship scorer cost millions

Hurst and ladapo upfront for me next time

Lots of positives that was never a 3-0 game.

First goal offside set the wrong tone. Can't argue with their second goal pure class but why wasn't he closed down? Big dive from the slightest touch off Mattock and the Ref bought it and gave the Penalty. I thought it was Iki that fouled him but Mattock gave a slight touch in his back.

63.3% possession and nothing to show for it. We played some really good close ball passing which is showing a big improvement. However, going 3 up front with 15 to go is chasing the game too late. I will say it til i'm blue in the face, 4-5-1 does not work! Change it Warne and fast or we will be in the bottom three before long. Well done to the lads bet they can't believe the scoreline, did themselves proud but it's up front that is the problem.

VERY DISSAPOINTED

Ok We were playing top of the league team but team choice and tactics are costing us an will cost us a place in this division which will be impossible to regain in the future.

I get Ladapo has not filled his goal sack but that's a tactical error on the management teams part. If Warne believes Smith is the answer he has been on the home brew in hidden in his shed.

We have the players now but the manager is way out of his depth

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast