+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reading(home)predictions

You all keep distorting what I'm saying and you've been doing it for five years - ffs!
    I have NEVER said the manager has no responsibility!
    I have repeatedly said he is ONE of MANY factors.
    Even here, you're all desperate to generalise a whole season from one result.
    I don't think we'll beat Swansea, but if we do, it will be "Top six, here we come!" again.
    We have a team in transition, with lots of inconsistent wild cards in it. At the moment, we look very vulnerable against teams with quick, skillful forwards. That may change; it MAY not.
    What irritates me are all these long-term predictions, made on the back of individual matches or even on the back of a particular player's performance in one game.
    As I said on the other thread, have none of you ever learned from many years of watching the game that predictions are nothing more than guesswork, and that one match often tells us nothing about the next one?!

WOW aucks.. you must be mad you swore(nearly..)

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    You all keep distorting what I'm saying and you've been doing it for five years - ffs!
    I don't think we'll beat Swansea, but if we do, it will be "Top six, here we come!" again.
    We have a team in transition, with lots of inconsistent wild cards in it. At the moment, we look very vulnerable against teams with quick, skillful forwards. That may change; it MAY not.
    What irritates me are all these long-term predictions, made on the back of individual matches or even on the back of a particular player's performance in one game.
    As I said on the other thread, have none of you ever learned from many years of watching the game that predictions are nothing more than guesswork, and that one match often tells us nothing about the next one?!
    Cardiff and Forest didnt have an quick skillful players. Both bang average. We struggled and laboured vrs those teams.

All we have done is beaten a few newly promoted teams with 10 men. The rest has been as bad as the previous seasons shambles.

Reading had as many new players in their side last night. And a new manager. Would you not say they are a team in transition aswell?
    Who also finished mid-table last season? Like us?
    I'm talking about one game, last night.
    Why do think Reading looked so much of a better side? Clearly managed better aswell.
    How is that manager getting a tune out of Lucas Joao who nobody has ever got a tune out of?

Why did we defend so badly? Prem league money not coming to us? It doesn't go to Reading either.
    World class goals we conceded unluckily?
    All their goals where massively against the run of play?
    Their keeper had made a series of world class saves?
    We had all our best players out?
    These excuses have all been rolled out in the first 3 defeats?
    What are they for the 4th?
    Just unlucky? Just one of those nights?
    We keep having them don't we?

Can we be the only side who brought in new players? Reading shed their wage bill massively. only 4 of their team last night started vrs Rovers on the final home game of last season, only a few weeks ago. But yet they looked everything we are not. And never have been in 3 years of Championship football. Organised, a good system and players knowing exactly what was expected of them. And are consistent.

You surely can understand why fans are just fed up of seeing zero progression?
    Justify it with a whole load of poor excuses all you like Aucks. Most fans are catching on to this.
    Me, I saw this early last season. And its not improving.
    Not good enough. TM has been very very well supported in the Transfer window, AGAIN, and we never sell anyone of any note who will weaken us. So there is no excuse.
    Just a limited manager who can spot a good player, but cant organise or improve a team, and move them onto the next level.

At some point, he will run out of excuses and time. One day Venkys will want a return on their investment.
    It's a damn good job for TM they have not got a clue about football, and are incredibly fair and patient people.
    Like us the fans, they are being bull****ted.
    And very very few are falling for his pathetic excuses anymore.

We go again Sat. No we don't. I wont be watching, paying for it or showing any interest. I'll check the result and fully expect to see another tactically nieve performance resulting in a bag full of goals for the opposition. I cant barley contain my excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Reading had as many new players in their side last night. And a new manager. Would you not say they are a team in transition aswell?
    Who also finished mid-table last season? Like us?
    I'm talking about one game, last night.
    Why do think Reading looked so much of a better side? Clearly managed better aswell.
    How is that manager getting a tune out of Lucas Joao who nobody has ever got a tune out of?

Why did we defend so badly? Prem league money not coming to us? It doesn't go to Reading either.
    World class goals we conceded unluckily?
    All their goals where massively against the run of play?
    Their keeper had made a series of world class saves?
    We had all our best players out?
    These excuses have all been rolled out in the first 3 defeats?
    What are they for the 4th?
    Just unlucky? Just one of those nights?
    We keep having them don't we?

Can we be the only side who brought in new players? Reading shed their wage bill massively. only 4 of their team last night started vrs Rovers on the final home game of last season, only a few weeks ago. But yet they looked everything we are not. And never have been in 3 years of Championship football. Organised, a good system and players knowing exactly what was expected of them. And are consistent.

You surely can understand why fans are just fed up of seeing zero progression?
    Justify it with a whole load of poor excuses all you like Aucks. Most fans are catching on to this.
    Me, I saw this early last season. And its not improving.
    Not good enough. TM has been very very well supported in the Transfer window, AGAIN, and we never sell anyone of any note who will weaken us. So there is no excuse.
    Just a limited manager who can spot a good player, but cant organise or improve a team, and move them onto the next level.

At some point, he will run out of excuses and time. One day Venkys will want a return on their investment.
    It's a damn good job for TM they have not got a clue about football, and are incredibly fair and patient people.
    Like us the fans, they are being bull****ted.
    And very very few are falling for his pathetic excuses anymore.

We go again Sat. No we don't. I wont be watching, paying for it or showing any interest. I'll check the result and fully expect to see another tactically nieve performance resulting in a bag full of goals for the opposition. I cant barley contain my excitement.
    saxo1man41 likes this ..

Rubbish.
    There are many different types of game in a season and we will take part in all those different types.

Rubbish.
    There are many different types of game in a season and we will take part in all those different types.
    And lose over half of them. Maybe more.

For me it could be: 3 : 0 or 0 : 3 quite easily based upon previous yo-yo results.
    Reason: many, many factors and yes some/many down to manager. That’s the nature of the job.
    Love em or hate em we are certainly not alone with this conundrum.
    Personally I have no problem with any individuals having no faith in any manager, this in respect though of what level the lack of faith is based upon.
    In this context it’s based upon TM taking us to promised land as a certainty. Which is fine when considering the financial aspect. But for me personally I do not hold the Prem (as a spectacle) in such high esteem. Hence I hold no real gripe towards him.

That post reply was meant towards next match at Swans btw 🤪

And Reading now lose to Coventry.
    Go figure - and good luck with those long-term predictions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)