+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 8.

Top 8.

I said I believe we'll finish there, and I still believe that.. With a fully fit squad, I reckon were potentially top 2.. let's see where we are placed in the table when everyone hopefully is available for selection..

With a fully fit squad I believe top two is a possibility. Sorry but I'm not sure this manager can get the most out of the squad.

They have a very good squad of players that could finish in the top 8. I feel thats a reasonable shout
    It's a very close league and if you can get on a good run you can amass lots of points. Over the next month until an international break its sat-tues games which come thick & fast. If you win for a few weeks you fly up the table.
    They have, when fit, with Dack not far & Travis to return Jan, 2 pretty decent options per position.
    All the forwards have now scored goals. Even Brereton & Gallagher are off the mark early. This Elliott could be the class they need. Armstrong looks like he could get 15/18 goals maybe more? All depends on who stays fit. Then it's down to a good solid squad which we have
    That keeper is decent, I don't mind Lenihan & Willams with those 2 fullbacks today. This Trybull could be key, as he does that holding role you desperately need in a 3 in midfield.
    Holtby seems to be missing lots of chances. But making things tick in midfield.
    Brereton was involved in every goal and got us the pen which is good.

Holtby was superb yesterday, but Champs is right - he has to convert more chances. We won't always be creating ten or 20 in a match!
    Three big questions now.
    1) Can the defence learn to do better against fast counter-attacks?
    2) Can we work out how to break down teams which play nine or ten defenders?
    3) Can one of our forwards turn into a "sniffer" who puts away ten goals a season form two yards?! (None of them look that type to me).

We are going to have a hell of a lot of possession by the look of it, and we certainly try to play at pace. Can that be consistently utilised?

Interesting fact we don't keep a clean sheet when nyambe and lenihan play together.
    Coincidence?
    Maybe but yesterday was another clean sheet and nyambe didn't play.

I have to say, though, Nyambe and Elliott combined superbly against Watford.
    I'd like to see both him and Joe R-C in the team at the same time.
    Mind you, I can think of 15 or 16 players I'd like to squeeze in - especially when Dack and Travis are back!

Dont get me wrong,I like nyambe but sometimes its useful to look at facts.
    I would definitely play the same team against reading bar the forced injury of course.
    Is rothwell back on Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I have to say, though, Nyambe and Elliott combined superbly against Watford.
    I'd like to see both him and Joe R-C in the team at the same time.
    Mind you, I can think of 15 or 16 players I'd like to squeeze in - especially when Dack and Travis are back!
    I did think they linked up well. But I sldi felt their 3rd goal was down to Nyambe.

I've been looking at our squad.
    With everyone fully fit, it is quite impressive.
    I tried to pick a match-day 18, and came up with what's below, but Dolan, Evans, Bell, Buckley and others get squeezed out. I was trying to cover all the bases.
    Have a look and see if you agree with the choices.

Kaminski, Pears, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Williams, Douglas
    Rothwell, Holtby, Johnson, Trybull, Travis, Rankin-Costello
    Elliott, Dack, Armstrong, Brereton, Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I've been looking at our squad.
    With everyone fully fit, it is quite impressive.
    I tried to pick a match-day 18, and came up with what's below, but Dolan, Evans, Bell, Buckley and others get squeezed out. I was trying to cover all the bases.
    Have a look and see if you agree with the choices.

Kaminski, Pears, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala, Williams, Douglas
    Rothwell, Holtby, Johnson, Trybull, Travis, Rankin-Costello
    Elliott, Dack, Armstrong, Brereton, Gallagher.
    Must remember who has built that squad and on what budget. Yes Tony Mowbray, but also Venkys, with their continued support for our academy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)