+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Latest on the takeover

We can't get "involved" as fans sinkov, but just a honest summary of where we are right now would be helpful.

A word on funds available for SD in January would be handy to know too!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm not condoning the PR at the club BT, it leaves a lot to be desired, but I can see where Garlick is coming from, he probably thinks getting the fans involved is making a rod for his own back, more trouble than it's worth, and he's probably right.
    I know what you are saying Sinkov, but at the end of the day he's the guvnor, instead of burying your head in the sand and hiding yourself away comes across as being Shady/ a wimp / unable to take critisism /, not forgetting he keeps telling us that he is a Burnley fan plus all the slogans, Our Turf Our Club to name just one, it stinks of "Its my Club and I'll only face the public on MY terms and keep them all in the dark", the abuse he and his family take is not right, but its par for the course, its minute with the majority probably wanting information, so keeping stum and alienating the majority is odd, Bob Lord probably kept a lot from fans, but he also did what he wanted and would often more than not stand by his decisions and face the music, So for me Mike Garlick is very shallow.

I used to be able to get a publishable snippet or two, but not now - the Iron Curtain has descended.

Watched the TV Programme on Bury.Bolton nearly went and Macclesfield have gone as well as Bury.I very much hope this proposed takeover
    goes down the pan as well.On the programme it was mentioned that the supporters are the lifeblood of the Clubs - correct so let's keep BFC in the hands of them rather than some foreigners who probably don't even know where Lancashire is.

Article on the Telegraph website.

ALK Capital are moving closer to finalising a deal to buy Burnley amid optimism that a takeover by the American sports investment company could be concluded before Christmas.

Alan Pace, a former president of Major League Soccer franchise Real Salt Lake who heads up ALK, has been in daily dialogue with Burnley chairman Mike Garlick. Talks are now at an advanced after months of negotiations and an extensive due diligence process.

Egyptian entrepreneur Mohamed Sayed Zein Elkashashy and Chris Farnell, a Cheshire-based sports lawyer, have also been vying for ownership of Burnley. However, ALK appear to be in pole position to acquire Garlick’s majority 49.24 per cent shareholding and John Banaszkiewicz’s 28.2 per cent stake in the Premier League club.

There are still details to be ironed out but there is quiet confidence a buyout could be completed in the coming weeks and well in advance of the January transfer window, when manager Sean Dyche will be eager to strengthen his squad.

Pace, who splits his time between London and New York and is reported to have been househunting in the Lancashire area, considers Dyche to be central to his plans for Burnley. ALK and Burnley have both declined to comment.

Burnley moved out of the relegation zone on Monday night after claiming their first league win of the campaign with a precious 1-0 victory over Crystal Palace at Turf Moor but face a tough task away to Manchester City on Saturday.

Dyche’s relationship with Garlick has become severely strained this year and Burnley’s failure to adequately strengthen in the summer window did little to ease tensions.

Veteran midfielder Dale Stephen was Burnley’s only senior recruit, despite the departures of Jeff Hendrick, Aaron Lennon and Joe Hart, and the situation was compounded in the opening weeks of the season by injuries to a host of key players.

Midfielder Jack Cork is still sidelined but Dyche has a number of players back now as Burnley set their sights on moving up to the table, although the manager remains eager for reinforcements.

Pace previously tried to buy Sheffield United and worked in various senior roles for Citigroup, in addition to being managing director of now defunct US bank Lehman Brothers for 12 years until 2006.

An investor in the transfer market platform Player Lens, Pace is an advocate for increased use of technology in the transfer market and scouting, if not a “Moneyball” style approach to recruitment and analytics.

In a column for Sport Business in August, Pace wrote: “As someone who worked for 20 years on Wall Street before entering the world of sport, the positive impact that technology and data can have on a vertical as big as football’s transfer market comes as no surprise.

“I’ve long believed that talent identification, player development and performance in sport can be aided and enhanced by state-of-the-art technology and predictive analytics used throughout other industries.

“Why, for example, would a club take a chance on signing a big-money player or adopt a specific training method without concrete data that the actions can have a positive impact on performance and development of the team?

“This isn’t about playing ‘Moneyball’ or using data to identify low-cost, high-return solutions, but being insight led and using the technology at our disposal to make smarter decisions that will carry long-term benefits.”

Pace can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk?

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I used to be able to get a publishable snippet or two, but not now - the Iron Curtain has descended.
    But that’s what happens in takeovers BT, thought you would know that. Break an NDA and it costs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pace can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk?

Time will tell.
    Will we need a pacemaker or a peacemaker?

"An investor in the transfer market platform Player Lens, Pace is an advocate for increased use of technology in the transfer market and scouting, if not a “Moneyball” style approach to recruitment and analytics.

In a column for Sport Business in August, Pace wrote: “As someone who worked for 20 years on Wall Street before entering the world of sport, the positive impact that technology and data can have on a vertical as big as football’s transfer market comes as no surprise.

“I’ve long believed that talent identification, player development and performance in sport can be aided and enhanced by state-of-the-art technology and predictive analytics used throughout other industries.

“Why, for example, would a club take a chance on signing a big-money player or adopt a specific training method without concrete data that the actions can have a positive impact on performance and development of the team?

“This isn’t about playing ‘Moneyball’ or using data to identify low-cost, high-return solutions, but being insight led and using the technology at our disposal to make smarter decisions that will carry long-term benefits.”

Hard to imagine our recruitment team surviving long after the takeover, I can just see them being called into the office, one by one, to be told, "We're making changes in your department". Not before time either, just WTF do they do ?

But we’ve just signed three young players who may just fit the mould.
    Sounds to me Mr Pace isn’t looking to bring high value players here, but low value ones that can be developed. But like Pope and Tarks.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)