+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Latest on the takeover

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    But that’s what happens in takeovers BT, thought you would know that. Break an NDA and it costs.
    IMO the Iron curtain came down when they binned the AGM's a few years ago because they came up short on their excuses nearly every year, also the transfer fees being undisclosed, "BFC our Turf our Club" ? Sorry but it does not wash with me, more like "BFC The Secret Society".

Sorry Colner I forgot to mention, 3 young players is good for the development squad, but we need better players for the first team now as we could be League One soon, and then the 3 new one's and other could then be a class above

There is a danish club that has been taken over by an American who likes these computer games when buying players. I heard the manager had no take on who would join... and no one had ever heard of the players that came in... but they were good players and are now in the Europa league I think...
    But I struggle to see Dyche as a manager for a team who’s aim is to develop young prospects... His theme is structure not talent.... proven pl players... not what you’ll get with the Americans as I see it. So I’m a bit puzzled by the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Sorry Colner I forgot to mention, 3 young players is good for the development squad, but we need better players for the first team now as we could be League One soon, and then the 3 new one's and other could then be a class above
    Nartey is 22 and played 26 games in Div 1 last year for Burton Albion. The other two are younger.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    There is a danish club that has been taken over by an American who likes these computer games when buying players. I heard the manager had no take on who would join... and no one had ever heard of the players that came in... but they were good players and are now in the Europa league I think...
    But I struggle to see Dyche as a manager for a team who’s aim is to develop young prospects... His theme is structure not talent.... proven pl players... not what you’ll get with the Americans as I see it. So I’m a bit puzzled by the whole thing
    Interesting will
    It’s FC Midtjylland who played in the Europa League, and are a club that rolled the dice with their data-driven approach to *developing players and has already seen the gamble pay a title-winning *dividend.

Matthew Benham, owner of Championship Brentford , bought Midtjylland last year and *transformed the club to win the Danish Superliga title – the first major trophy in their history.

Benham’s approach is based on the ‘Moneyball’ statistical method introduced by Major League *Baseball side Oakland Athletics in the 1990s and favoured by Liverpool owner John W Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Sorry Colner I forgot to mention, 3 young players is good for the development squad,
    Could be good for Clitheroe as well Alto, we'll be keeping an eye on them over here.

But that’s what happens in takeovers BT, thought you would know that. Break an NDA and it costs.
    I was not talking about takeovers OC - just news snippets that were once valid and reliable. Now nothing, fear has gripped the employees at Turf Moor OC, it's a microcosm of the fears and paranoia we are witnessing out here with this corona bollox.

I would love to hear JB's take on this current takeover situation, but his voice is muffled too it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I was not talking about takeovers OC - just news snippets that were once valid and reliable. Now nothing, fear has gripped the employees at Turf Moor OC, it's a microcosm of the fears and paranoia we are witnessing out here with this corona bollox.

I would love to hear JB's take on this current takeover situation, but his voice is muffled too it seems.
    Presume you see this on team matters as well as takeover ones. Takeover chat is a No No but the rest should be ok. Depends what NDA says I guess.

Rumours that the deal is just about done on another site! Any insight BT?

Rumours that the deal is just about done on another site! Any insight BT?
    So no insight then lol.

Here’s an article on Alan Pace which offers positive spin on his minimal investment, limited career 12 years ago in Salt Lake, and bulls up his recently set up company ALK as if it has a long track record of success or has money to invest.

Sorry if I’m still cynical

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1057121417?...:most_read_top

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)