+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest on the takeover

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    You looking forward to a takeover then Alto?
    The last 3/4 years under Garlick has been dire Alf, yes we have had good finishing positions with some embarrassing displays, even qualifying for Europe, but the WHOLE team/squad has aged, not only that but replacements have not been made, to take just one player, I watched us V spurs the other night, Lowton's pace, positioning and judgement is very poor, his backup Bardsley is even slower, it has come to a head now, to build an "average" PL team now is going to take some 10's of Millions which Garlick obviously does not want to do.

I'd love a Burnley fan to take the Club over, even just Football fan, but that is not going to happen, so a takeover is best as I cannot take more of Garlick, I just hope it does not come to late and Dyche leaves before hand.

As I keep saying Dyche is not a top notch Manager, his tactics, subs and some of the players he's purchased leaves a lot to be desired, and I've always thought if he had proper money to build a team his tactics would change with better players he'd have money for to bring in, giving us more attacking options and some flair and creativity.

So yes I'm exiced Alf, BFC need to be lifted, if it does not happen then at least we will have tried, but if someone is willing to front £200 Million then surely he would not have any intention of sacking the Club

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    The last 3/4 years under Garlick has been dire Alf, yes we have had good finishing positions with some embarrassing displays, even qualifying for Europe, but the WHOLE team/squad has aged, not only that but replacements have not been made, to take just one player, I watched us V spurs the other night, Lowton's pace, positioning and judgement is very poor, his backup Bardsley is even slower, it has come to a head now, to build an "average" PL team now is going to take some 10's of Millions which Garlick obviously does not want to do.

I'd love a Burnley fan to take the Club over, even just Football fan, but that is not going to happen, so a takeover is best as I cannot take more of Garlick, I just hope it does not come to late and Dyche leaves before hand.

As I keep saying Dyche is not a top notch Manager, his tactics, subs and some of the players he's purchased leaves a lot to be desired, and I've always thought if he had proper money to build a team his tactics would change with better players he'd have money for to bring in, giving us more attacking options and some flair and creativity.

So yes I'm exiced Alf, BFC need to be lifted, if it does not happen then at least we will have tried, but if someone is willing to front £200 Million then surely he would not have any intention of sacking the Club
    I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Chris Boden is not on the BFC payroll, he works for the Burnley Express in the dual capacity of sports editor and Burnley FC reporter.
    Yes he is the sports editor of The Burnley Express BT, but is told when to release a story by the Club he writes about, surely you know this ?

Just like Media and Publications Manager Darren Bentley, he's a puppet of BFC and you will not get any concrete information unless sanctioned by the puppet masters.

I give up.
    It seems both buyers like Sean and Garlick is intending to stay as chairman so alto you may not get your wish.

If this Egyptian Pharaoh has to spend £200 million to purchase all of Burnley Football Club’s assets, where will he get the Wonga from to spend another £200 million to strengthen the team? DOH!

Attachment 17310

Yes he is the sports editor of The Burnley Express BT, but is told when to release a story by the Club he writes about, surely you know this ?

Just like Media and Publications Manager Darren Bentley, he's a puppet of BFC and you will not get any concrete information unless sanctioned by the puppet masters.
    Evil Garlick now suppresses the press eh, Alto?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    It seems both buyers like Sean and Garlick is intending to stay as chairman so alto you may not get your wish.
    You may be right Colner, but if I buy something for around 200 Million £'s I'd expect it lock stock and barrel.

Call it what you want BT, I have followed Boden on his Twitter feed for around 2 years, he never gives any definite story's, especially on transfers, always maybe's, looks like, could be, then blow me, his spot on news comes as its announced by the Club

Don't be silly BT, you know full well Boden has to toe the Garlick line, or he will lose access to manager, players, board members and Bentley, and so of course his job, because he's no use to the Burnley Express if no one at BFC will talk to him. This is nothing unusual, all local sports journo have this understanding with the club they cover, they have access as long as they don't rock the boat too much, it was even the same back in Bob Lord's day.

You may be right Colner, but if I buy something for around 200 Million £'s I'd expect it lock stock and barrel.
    Me too, but the prospectus was about getting new money but not changing control, which seemed to me to be unlikely. However two fish are biting it seems. I wonder why El Cash wants to buy in?

https://atthematch.com/article/why-d...football-clubs

Making money, trophy assets to show off to friends or geopolitics
    Might this apply
    Top European clubs are no longer bought for straight forward commercial reasons and many owners have no desire to make football clubs profitable. Instead, football has been used as a vehicle for shrewd political manoeuvring. Deloitte found that seven of the 20 biggest clubs by revenue were sponsored by Middle Eastern airlines – including the likes of Barcelona, Manchester City and Arsenal. Many argue that investment by owners from Gulf states ultimately derives from government backed wealth funds. Seen in this context, football is a tool for wealthy nations to increase their global appeal, attract new investment and promote their global ambitions.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)