+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest on the takeover

there's little on this Kash for hash bloke....but their plenty on his fellow egyptian, and Egypts man of most dosh - Aston Villa co-owner and chairman....Nassef Sawiris.

collecting claret and blues ?

I can see this being the end of a life long love affair.

I'm hearing that Garlick has no intention of doing a deal with Farnell, he's being encouraged with the intention of forcing the Yanks to up their game and make a serious bid. That's the deal Garlick wants.

Better to keep that quiet given all the NDAs about. Gossip can cost money. Garlick could end with nothing.

This may be of interest on Sean’s perspective Of the takeover.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...takeover-bids/

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Better to keep that quiet given all the NDAs about. Gossip can cost money. Garlick could end with nothing.

This may be of interest on Sean’s perspective Of the takeover.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...takeover-bids/
    If games are being played OC, I'm sure all parties will be aware of what's going on, if rumours are circulating they'll be spread much further then just me I reckon.

Interesting what the piece says about Dyche and Garlick, I knew Sean wasn't a happy bunny obviously, I didn't realise their relationship had deteriorated to such an extent. New owners or not, that will have to be resolved, it's just not feasible to run a club for long when manager and chairman don't talk to each other.

If the relationship between Sean Dyche and Mike Garlick is beyond salvation, who would you want to keep at the club. Sean Dyche or Mike Garlick ? This assuming that you were the new owner and Dyche wanted to remain as team manager and Garlick wished to remain as club chairman.
    Last edited by Vintage Claret; 31-10-2020 at 10:48 AM.

They say ''a worker is as only good as his tools.''.....or for others as only good as his tool??

.....and of money ?

''Money is the root of all evil!''

Burnley fans have been told controversial sports lawyer Chris Farnell is the right man to take them forward in a proposed £200million takeover.

And Scott Johnson, at the heart of the battle to save Bury FC from extinction, believes fans should be embracing Farnell's involvement with Egyptian businessman Mohamed Elkashashy - not fearing it.

Farnell was criticised for trying to help save Bury FC after being asked by Johnson, general manager at Gigg Lane, to help out.

Johnson insists only incompetence by the EFL and meddling by owner Steve Dale were to blame for the club’s demise – not Farnell.

Cheshire-based lawyer Farnell was handed a ban by the EFL earlier this year which prevented him from owning a club after an attempted takeover at Charlton with Manchester businessman Paul Elliot.

Farnell appealed and the ban was subsequently overturned – and Johnson insists he's got the connections to be a huge asset to Burnley.

He says: “It’s time for the truth. I’ve sat back and read some of the social media rubbish by people with agendas and it’s out of order.

“Burnley fans need to ignore these keyboard warriors who seem to think it is okay to peddle half truths and lies.

“I asked Chris to help us at Bury because I knew he was vastly experienced and had many, many contacts in football.

“He was there whenever we needed him, he didn’t ask for a penny and did everything he could to save the club.

“In the end, we had three bids on the table - all before the deadline - and yet for some reason they weren’t considered by the EFL.

“It is nonsense to suggest Chris tried to sell the club to a Brazilian pastor like it was some half-baked plan!

“The bid was genuine, funds had been proved and the bid came from a close friend of our goalkeeping coach, not Chris who proved to be a wealth of knowledge and never once asked for payment.
    Article from the Mirror, interesting, but make of it what you will

“I would trust him with my life and Burnley FC have nothing to worry about.”

Farnell and partner Elkashashy are awaiting Premier League approval to complete a £200m takeover at Burnley FC after agreeing to buy the Turf Moor club.

“Burnley fans should be delighted,” Johnson added. “This is a huge investment and they're bringing football contacts, knowledge and expertise. Exciting times lie ahead for Burnley.

“And I'm certain he'll be a huge asset to Sean Dyche when it comes to signing players.

Alastair Campbell says Farnell is not someone he would like running our club. With such an endorsement Mr. Farnell sounds like just the man to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Alastair Campbell says Farnell is not someone he would like running our club. With such an endorsement Mr. Farnell sounds like just the man to me.
    Lol
    No doubt Tony Blair could do great job

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)