+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest on the takeover

It would not surprise me if nothing happens with these bids, the prospective buyers may be shysters trying it on, it may even be a smoke screen by the car salesman to detract from our current predicament, or again another failure by Garlick to negotiate properly

proves the patheticness of it all - Alto....It's a disease, this complicated secrecy of nothing, molehills into mountains etc - the remoteness of it all...and why ? - why not be open about it, make a statement....like the support mean something, recognise the History etc...but no, the stuffed up little selfdoms (in/out) can't be having have that - being it's all about them apart .

I have banged this particular drum for ages Norder.

Garlick shows little or no respect for Burnley Football Club supporters and the lack of transparency from the Burnley Board of Directors towards us fans echoes the Chairman's sentiments entirely.

Barry Kilby in particular is so far up his own arse he is also unapproachable.

FFS all it needs is a bit of clarity, a bit of respect towards the people who ultimately keep this club of ours above the water line, but unfortunately inflated egos and high self regard deny us supporters the truth about where our club is going.

Nowhere near good enough is it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have banged this particular drum for ages Norder.

Garlick shows little or no respect for Burnley Football Club supporters and the lack of transparency from the Burnley Board of Directors towards us fans echoes the Chairman's sentiments entirely.

Barry Kilby in particular is so far up his own arse he is also unapproachable.

FFS all it needs is a bit of clarity, a bit of respect towards the people who ultimately keep this club of ours above the water line, but unfortunately inflated egos and high self regard deny us supporters the truth about where our club is going.

Nowhere near good enough is it?
    Tbh BT I wouldn’t put Kilby in the same bracket as the others - I met him and his wife at Cheltenham a few years back and he made areal effort to give me a while and talk about all things Burnley, had his own opinions but listened to mine.

I do have some sympathy for people in Garlick's position regarding the fans. Going back probably over 20 years I can remember going to a couple of Fans Forums at Turf Moor, it was the time we were on our uppers and various individuals were trying to pump some life, and money, back into the club. One of them was with Barry Kilby and Ray Ingleby, it started well, they explained what they were hoping to achieve, how they proposed to achieve it, it was interesting and informative. Then they invited questions from the floor and it went downhill rapidly, nothing constructive, just a succession of moaning, whingeing, carping and nit picking, mostly about the most trivial things imaginable, you could see the pair of them losing interest by the minute, by the end they couldn't get out quick enough and I couldn't blame them. There weren't many more, if any, fans forums after that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I do have some sympathy for people in Garlick's position regarding the fans. Going back probably over 20 years I can remember going to a couple of Fans Forums at Turf Moor, it was the time we were on our uppers and various individuals were trying to pump some life, and money, back into the club. One of them was with Barry Kilby and Ray Ingleby, it started well, they explained what they were hoping to achieve, how they proposed to achieve it, it was interesting and informative. Then they invited questions from the floor and it went downhill rapidly, nothing constructive, just a succession of moaning, whingeing, carping and nit picking, mostly about the most trivial things imaginable, you could see the pair of them losing interest by the minute, by the end they couldn't get out quick enough and I couldn't blame them. There weren't many more, if any, fans forums after that.
    I get what you are saying sinkov, but this is now and we are an English Premier League elite club.

I think we need to start acting like one before we are dumped back on our arses into the Championship.

the deal is in documentation - with a takeover bid from ALK sent to the chairman and shareholders detailing the offer - and, asked to comment on the state of play, a spokesman for ALK Capital said, with a nod to Burnley fan Jordan North’s antics on reality show I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!: “The process remains ongoing, but talks are in a happy place.”

There is a confidence that the deal could be completed before Christmas, potentially handing Sean Dyche and Clarets fans everywhere an early present.

The rival bid, from sports lawyer Chris Farnell and Mohammed El Kashashy, were also confident of agreeing a deal, waiting on the Premier League’s owners and directors test, having provided proof of funds and exchanged contracts on both sides.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport...lation-3043011

there is an increasing belief from the American investment group's side that they are becoming the frontrunners in the race.

Talks between them and the club have continued this week with Alan Pace, a key person at ALK, set to move to Lancashire and assume a hands-on running of the Clarets should a deal be concluded.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...l-alk-19317074

Confusing isn’t it?
    Last edited by oldcolner; 20-11-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    the deal is in documentation - with a takeover bid from ALK sent to the chairman and shareholders detailing the offer - and, asked to comment on the state of play, a spokesman for ALK Capital said, with a nod to Burnley fan Jordan North’s antics on reality show I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!: “The process remains ongoing, but talks are in a happy place.”

There is a confidence that the deal could be completed before Christmas, potentially handing Sean Dyche and Clarets fans everywhere an early present.

The rival bid, from sports lawyer Chris Farnell and Mohammed El Kashashy, were also confident of agreeing a deal, waiting on the Premier League’s owners and directors test, having provided proof of funds and exchanged contracts on both sides.

https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport...lation-3043011

there is an increasing belief from the American investment group's side that they are becoming the frontrunners in the race.

Talks between them and the club have continued this week with Alan Pace, a key person at ALK, set to move to Lancashire and assume a hands-on running of the Clarets should a deal be concluded.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...l-alk-19317074

Confusing isn’t it?
    Now Alan Pace, Smith and Hunt have set up another company Kettering Capital Ltd, same Leeds address as the other two. ALK and Calder Vale and They also own Velocity Sports Ltd.
    Looking like they are spinning a web so which does what, is not yet clear to me. That’s £40 they’ve spent between them.
    They must be hopeful of having their wicked way to have spent so much.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Now Alan Pace, Smith and Hunt have set up another company Kettering Capital Ltd, same Leeds address as the other two. ALK and Calder Vale and They also own Velocity Sports Ltd.
    Looking like they are spinning a web so which does what, is not yet clear to me. That’s £40 they’ve spent between them.
    They must be hopeful of having their wicked way to have spent so much.
    "Show me the money, honey!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I get what you are saying sinkov, but this is now and we are an English Premier League elite club.

I think we need to start acting like one before we are dumped back on our arses into the Championship.
    I'm not condoning the PR at the club BT, it leaves a lot to be desired, but I can see where Garlick is coming from, he probably thinks getting the fans involved is making a rod for his own back, more trouble than it's worth, and he's probably right.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)