+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest on the takeover

Latest on the takeover

Anybody heard anything . . ? Rumours are there are two after us,the Yanks and the Saudis .

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Anybody heard anything . . ? Rumours are there are two after us,the Yanks and the Saudis .
    Not really, read elsewhere that it’s still ongoing and there’s a group of MiddleEast Saudis? and Egyptians also interested.

“it is not dead and that there is probably more chance of it happening than not”

Watched Moneyball film tonight on Netflix about the chief executive of Oakland Athletics Billy Beane who employed a young graduate who analysed players performance to spot unused talent. The start was him seeing the owner looking for money to buy players and being denied it I could see Dyche and Garlick And Burnley parallels. They identified one old player another who couldn’t throw but could hit and another. The coach wouldn’t use the New players the chief exec brought in The scout was sacked and they lost most games, so he sold the players who were keeping them out of the team. They then went on a 20 game unbeaten run.

Billy Beane is still at Oakland and part owns Barnsley - he hasn’t done much for them though.

Its the Burnley way. . . . . . . . . .

Slowly, Slowly lose the monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Its the Burnley way. . . . . . . . . .

Slowly, Slowly lose the monkey
    As usual Alto, the Burnley PR machine is a broken rust bucket.

I must say though OC's constant updates suggest to me the US consortium are trying to acquire BFC on the cheap, and we all know Garlick will not be going for that option, and why should he?

I reckon this has about as much chance of happening as Nick Pope going to Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Depends on the long term plans of the Americans. What is their strategy for the club? The Glazers keep siphoning off money from Manchester United. The Saudi’s for me is a no if it comes with the participation or involvement of the House of Saud.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I reckon this has about as much chance of happening as Nick Pope going to Chelsea.
    I'll give you that one sinkov...

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Depends on the long term plans of the Americans. What is their strategy for the club? The Glazers keep siphoning off money from Manchester United. The Saudi’s for me is a no if it comes with the participation or involvement of the House of Saud.
    Might be a coalition of Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and the Palestinians, that would strike terror in most other EPL boardrooms!

As usual B T ,you are way behind on whats happening in the Middle East.

For the first time, it appears the forces predicated on militaristic anti-Israel ideology are losing ground. "Sudan received its independence in 1956. At that time, the Mahdi party wanted to forge ties with Israel, but the Nasser regime, following the nationalisation of the Suez Canal, was at its apex, and Sudan wavered on whether or not to join the wave of Nasser's pan-Arabism.
    The word "Sudan" means "black" in Arabic (bilad as-sudan means "Land of the Blacks"). Over hundreds of years, Sudan was infiltrated by Islam.

Sudan was an important base of operations for al-Qaida, and the Sudanese government even armed al-Qaida terrorists with diplomatic passports. The sea-change in this regard is absolute. Sudan, where an American ambassador was murdered in 1973 under orders from Yasser Arafat, and where notorious terrorists Carlos the Jackal and Osama Bin-Laded found refuge, is now changing its colours.

The new Middle East is bustling with realignment in the face of Turkey's Ottoman ambitions and Iranian imperialism. For the first time, it appears the forces predicated on militaristic anti-Israel ideology are becoming isolated.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    ....and from Lebanon

https://youtu.be/NumAOpQmX6s

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Palestinians make a big deal whenever a prisoner dies in Israeli prison, routinely accusing Israel of torture and neglect, and lots of NGOs pile on about the supposedly horrible conditions in Israeli prisons.

No one talks about deaths in Palestinian prisons, though.

An inmate at the Preventive Security detention center in Tulkarm died at dawn today. His name or age isn't released, the cause of death is merely referred to as "spontaneous." This happens quite a bit. Throughout the 2010s, an average of five prisoners died in Palestinian custody each year, according to the PCHR annual reports.

Yes, there is torture in Palestinian prisons. Every five or ten years an NGO will write up a report about it, and it gets buried among the hundreds of anti-Israel reports being published. If Palestinian lives matter, then there would be as big a stink over deaths in Palestinian prison as in Israeli prison. But even to Palestinians, their lives don't matter - unless they can blame the Jews.

Honestly, I'm with you Balan...

Attachment 17267

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)