+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It does not matter if you play well.

It does not matter if you play well.

If you only have one effort on target in 93mins,you are never going to win many.What happened to this advantage we talked about over most of the Championship clubs & having a right go.Paul forget about last time in the Championship that’s gone.Its the here & now take the shackles off it’s like we are waving the white flag already.

Simple to fix. Playing 1 up front be it home or away will never work and the sooner he drops this method, we might, just might show a difference in our approach by taking the game to the opposition, in their goal area.

Rotating the forwards is also an hinderance as a pairing cannot form a working relationship ala Shearer/Sutton. When players play regular they work out a pattern and understanding. That's three different forwards in the last three games. I don't buy into this, 'they need a rest because of two games a week'. They're athletes for frigs sake and should be able to complete two games a week without question.
    Last edited by Brin; 25-10-2020 at 09:53 AM.

I agree Brin, there’s been a few small variations but effectively we are playing 4-5-1

It’s a system that had we been playing under normal circumstances would have been roundly booed by our usual NYS crowd. The fans have never liked it and never will.

What does a system like that mean though?

For me it’s saying “ a point will do us but we might steal a win if free kicks go our way”

It sends messages though, it invites the opposition forward and basically says “we’re doing this because our back four isn’t that good”

I’ve sort of realised over many decades of watching the Millers that the opposition don’t get any penalties nor given own goals if we are playing in their half of the pitch.

When will he brave enough though to change it and keep a 'regular' team playing instead of all the chopping and changing?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    When will he brave enough though to change it and keep a 'regular' team playing instead of all the chopping and changing?
    That's the drawback trying to keep every player happy.

I agree have 1 striker up front gets you no were.

But I suppose having 2 attacking winger/midfielders helps.

I am dissapointed with Warne saying we are going to attack more.

At home we play 442.

Maybe as fans we need a reality check.

Maybe the team doing well has raised our expectations.

Lets not get carried away apart from wycombe we really are the poor relatives.

Looks like away he goes for a point at home he goes for 3.

Hurst has to start next game he the only striker do far who makes us look like scoring. But with a partner lapedo.

He is starting to show a bit of skill and quality on the ball. Starting to like him more

I'm loving watching this team. I'd rather watch this and see it evolve because it's not 60 or 70 minutes of us under the fish.

We all know that we need to create more chances but we were the same when we played it long.

More of the same please with goals.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I agree have 1 striker up front gets you no were.

But I suppose having 2 attacking winger/midfielders helps.

I am dissapointed with Warne saying we are going to attack more.

At home we play 442.

Maybe as fans we need a reality check.

Maybe the team doing well has raised our expectations.

Lets not get carried away apart from wycombe we really are the poor relatives.

Looks like away he goes for a point at home he goes for 3.

Hurst has to start next game he the only striker do far who makes us look like scoring. But with a partner lapedo.

He is starting to show a bit of skill and quality on the ball. Starting to like him more
    Is that a mis type are do you wish to call Freddie Lapedo?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I'm loving watching this team. I'd rather watch this and see it evolve because it's not 60 or 70 minutes of us under the fish.

We all know that we need to create more chances but we were the same when we played it long.

More of the same please with goals.
    Do you mean drowning or like a plate of chips?

Last time in this league, played 451 and got relegated...........

Lots of teams said we played well and were unlucky(usually when they've beaten us)....

Stared this season 451, people saying were unlucky(as above)...

If things stay the same then the end product will be the same..............

Either 442 or even 352, if we get beat having a go then i can except it. Trouble now with 451 is when we go a goal down we haven't got a plan B....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast