+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So called big six

So called big six

Yes they have dominated in the Prem but as far as football in England is concerned the Prem is a comparatively new division.

I was born in the 1940s and the only two teams not relegated in my lifetime are the Gooners and Everton.

When I first went to SJP Liverpool was in the old second division and I have seen Spurs,Man Utd and Chelsea relegated since,It's not long since Man City and Southampton were down in the third tier.

The attempted power grabbers ignored Villa winning the European Cup and Forest winning it twice.Their poor memory forgets Leicester and Blackburn winning the Prem as well.

Once they had got the top six running everything they would never be relegated and a competitive League would be lost forever.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Yes they have dominated in the Prem but as far as football in England is concerned the Prem is a comparatively new division.

I was born in the 1940s and the only two teams not relegated in my lifetime are the Gooners and Everton.

When I first went to SJP Liverpool was in the old second division and I have seen Spurs,Man Utd and Chelsea relegated since,It's not long since Man City and Southampton were down in the third tier.

The attempted power grabbers ignored Villa winning the European Cup and Forest winning it twice.Their poor memory forgets Leicester and Blackburn winning the Prem as well.

Once they had got the top six running everything they would never be relegated and a competitive League would be lost forever.
    History and tradition in English football is being thrown in the bin. The ranking of the big six these days is decided by one thing only: money.

What would happen if one of the big six managed to get themselves relegated? I know the F.A would change the rules to prevent that.

Let them go to a Euro super league, no return. Sure the other euro leagues would`nt object to an old fashioned europen cup and cup winners cup. I think a euro super league would wither on the vine after a year or two, prawn sandwiches and travel is expensive so not many away fans could afford any of it. F**k them all

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)